Thread: Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q830 heat sink

Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q830 heat sink

I am intersted as well as curious to know about the different heat sinks for my CPU as well as GPU. I have a Toshiba qosmio x505 q830 laptop. If for example I remove my hardware such as the processor of my CPU or GPU I need to repaste the heat sink thermal paste before putting it back again. Is there any need to repaste the the thermal paste in my GPU and CPU both? What are the different heat Sinks I can utilize?

Re: Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q830 heat sink

After many searches over the internet I have an encountered very Important information for you. Information such as individuals should not attempt such kind of things if there Qosmio Laptops are not in warranty. So I recommend you not to disassemble it. This will be good for you as well your Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q830 laptop.

I've had over warming situations on my X505 forasmuch as Dec 2010. It hits max temp when under any sort of stack. I ordinarily acknowledge when things begin running moderate owed to detached cooling on the CPU. I dissected it and connected thermal glue to the CPU heatsink. In addition found out that the GPU has high temperature pipes to both fans and the blades for the GPU sit in front of the balances for the CPU on the offered fan. This denotes the CPU fan doesn't straighten with the hole cut for it in the motherboard. Make me feel that Toshiba was having situations with GPU overheating on promptly X505 models and "altered" it by joining a different hotness pipe which makes the CPU overheat more following it shares its fan to the GPU.

Anyway, to remove the X505, you might as well take off the bezel in front of the screen and uproot the screws. Lift the keyboard up and unplug the lace connectors. There's about five screws under the keyboard to take off then a pack of connectors to unplug (most you actually flip up the connector, a few you need to pull out).

Then take off the screws on the bottom of the comp. You'll should uproot the DVD player single screw inside one of the harddrive bayous. There are a couple of screws within the harddrive sounds and old-fashioned. The majority of the screws are indistinguishable.

I concur with the above post disassembling it yourself is feasible but its a major pain and just prescribed in the event that its not under warranty and you're all around pleasant messing around with fittings. Elsewise you're reasonable to lose a screw or worse. The principal time I did it, I disregarded to connect to the CPU fan. Luckily I observed before I had it comprehensively back as one, but unequivocally to represent that a part would be able to happen even if you're watchful. I decidedly prescribe taking it to a reputable shop assuming that its out of warranty so they can have the risk if something happens in the taking apart/putting as a single unit technique. Putting the thermal glue on was regarding a five moment work. Dismembering it and assembling it was a few hours least for me.

Thereare seperate heatsinks; The heatsinks that you canuse are:
    • ASUS: Core i7 920 2.66GHz(4.06GHz) 6TB 12GB
    • Qosmio x505-Q850 :Core i7 720QM 1.6GHZ 2x500GB 6GB
    • Apple MBP: Core i7 620M 2.66GHz 500GB 4GB

Artic Silver is good, I use Noctura NTH1 tho, because it was cheaper. your first time. Actually stay informed regarding every little item and you might as well be fine. The keyboard might be cunning. Go to youtube from the internet to find out how to uproot a laptop keyboard (be careful of keyboard lace; make a point not to would like to break. Verify to wear an ANTI-STATIC wrist group, and uproot the battery so you don't get any unplanned capacity ons.

The thermal glue made CPU temp dropped from 75C to 65C but didn't get it down to a sensible temp. I presently have it in at a repair shop following I'm burnt out on upsetting it. Cheerfully supplanting the heatsink will serve a useful purpose.

I have the X505 maintenance manual. I just took my Toshiba X505 apart, removed the thermal paste from the processor and the GPU, and put arctic silver 5 on. I also cleaned the fans because it was shutting down due to overheating. I am running GRID at 100% CPU and Memory. Real Temp is reporting 82 degrees C maximum on all four cores. Because of the difficulty of the laptop repair and the chance to screw it up, I don't recommend doing it unless you are very certain of your abilities. There are several different screw lengths and some very delicate connectors to deal with.

I joined in NOV 2005 and my first post was DEC 2011 WOW!
    Last edited by TechRanger; 22-12-2011 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Additional content