Thread: Toshiba Portege M400-S5032 screen freezes and fan runs fast , requires reboot to fix

Toshiba Portege M400-S5032 screen freezes and fan runs fast , requires reboot to fix

First fo all I would like to introduce my laptop. I have Toshiba Portege M400-S5032 laptop which suddenly locks up and the fan of it runs faster than it normally does. Even the Ctrl-Alt-Del fails to work and the only option remains with me is that reboot or shutdown the laptop by holding the Power button. This hampers both time as well my work on my Laptop. Day my day this situation is increasing. I have than tried to open it just to check whether there is dust or something. If someone knows how to fix these then please help me.

Re: Toshiba Portege M400-S5032 screen freezes and fan runs fast , requires reboot to fix

All I can say know is that I am one of you too and not only that but worse scenario than you. Following spending so far on this laptop if these is the case than the just alternative remains is update the framework. I tried debilitating the HDD security utility and I was so lucky that it worked toward getting fixed the solidifying issue for the last time. Unequivocally attempt the technique that I talked about. I trust itsolves your situation such as me.

Re: Toshiba Portege M400-S5032 screen freezes and fan runs fast , requires reboot to fix

Yet without that utility running you're relying on the HDD inside proteciton for the drive head, which works in most cases. My Toshiba M400 just began to perform crudely, slacking, getting stayed, and sometimes irregularly restarting. Alternate times, the screen could unequivocally zonk out, fan could impact, and the capacity light could squint orange customarily. Even though I didn't grasp it right away, the restarts/blackouts could happen whenever I moved the laptop.

This is well known resulting from the fact that whenever I moved the laptop soon after, the laptop could have for about 1 sec, but keep on easily where it other side off. This is because of Toshiba's HDD Protection fundamentally, the HD r/w head bolts up whenever the laptop moves to avoid HD harm. I'm conjecturing that just, the sensor / accelerometer went disagreeable and came to be oversensitive. This might describe the common lagginess HDD keeps bolts up, and the more severe restarts/blackouts.

I am able to give answer for the same. Run over to the Start Programs Toshiba Utilities HDD Protection Utility Disable. In the event that you don't have the utility, you are able to snatch it from the Toshiba drivers web page.