Thread: Need help!! Mouse cursor is not visible in full screen Windows Media Center

Need help!! Mouse cursor is not visible in full screen Windows Media Center

I am using Win7 Ultimate x64. As my operating system on my computer and the problem that I have found is that when I am running Windows Media Center in Full Screen then I am not able to see the mouse pointer, actually it appears to be invisible because I am able to see if anything is selected. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Need help!! Mouse cursor is not visible in full screen Windows Media Center

I am using Win7 Ultimate x64. As my operating system on my computer and the problem that I have found is that when I am running Windows Media Center in Full Screen then I am not able to see the mouse pointer, actually it appears to be invisible because I am able to see if anything is selected. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Hey I will like to share that even I was facing the same problem and I was trying to change the mouse settings and all but then I never thought that we have to just turn off mouse trails in order to solve this out. I had changed the other normal settings of it speed and appearance but then I was not able to come across this one but then after doing a lot of research I was able to get this solution and then I was able to solve it. Just try it out and then let me know if you have any further problem with it.

Thanks for your solution but then unfortunately when I checked that in to the settings then I found that the mouse trail was already off so I don’t think that I was having problem because of it is there any other solution that I can try out? Any further help will be appreciated.

In that case I think that there might be some problem with the mouse driver so I will suggest you to just get the latest version of your mouse driver and then see if it is making any difference. I will also like to add if you are using any kind of custom cursor then you can try to disable it and use the default one. Just check it out and then see if it is making any difference and if you have any further problem then do let me know so I can try to help you with it as well.

I have followed you solution by disabling the custom mouse cursor and using the default one but then it did not made any difference and as I am using the Logitech mouse, I have also downloaded the latest driver for my Mouse which is MX-610 Cordless from the Logitech Website and after doing that it was working fine without any problem but then after I rebooted the machine then I found that the problem occurred again and I don’t think that there downloading it again and again is a solution for it. The thing that is pissing me more is that when I am adjusting the screen size just a bit less than the full screen then I am able to see the cursor but then when I am making it full screen then the cursor gets invisible. Is there any other solution that I can try?

I was having the exact situation once but then I was able to solve it out and I will like to share the same with you as well. What all you have to do is just go in to the mouse setting and then select the mouse pointer tab and then just enable the Mouse Shadows and then the problem will disappear. Just change it and I am sure that the problem will disappear in not time. Best of luck.

I was having the exact situation once but then I was able to solve it out and I will like to share the same with you as well. What all you have to do is just go in to the mouse setting and then select the mouse pointer tab and then just enable the Mouse Shadows and then the problem will disappear. Just change it and I am sure that the problem will disappear in not time. Best of luck.
    Yes this solution really works. I will like to add that that this is some kind of bug with some computers. I have found a no of people facing the same problem even though they were having the latest graphics cards and windows but then they were not capable of playing the mouse in full screen till you Enable Mouse Shadows. I have found this solution on a Microsoft solution by a Microsoft official but then I think when they are aware of such problems then why there are just not ending it up in their new patch. I wish that I don’t see any such problem in their new releases.

I have tried the above solution as well but then I don’t know that why I am not getting rid of this problem even though I have made sure that I have enabled the Mouse Shadows as well as the mouse trails. I will also like to share that one of my friend is having EMachine and he has just bought it recently and he is having a weird mouse and when he set up a TV Tuner with media center then even he was having the same problem and I have suggested him the same solution that you all have specified here but then even he is left out without any difference. I have also tried just to check if another mouse is making any difference but then I go the same response.

I have tried the above solution as well but then I don’t know that why I am not getting rid of this problem even though I have made sure that I have enabled the Mouse Shadows as well as the mouse trails. I will also like to share that one of my friend is having EMachine and he has just bought it recently and he is having a weird mouse and when he set up a TV Tuner with media center then even he was having the same problem and I have suggested him the same solution that you all have specified here but then even he is left out without any difference. I have also tried just to check if another mouse is making any difference but then I go the same response.
    I have found a no of people facing the same problem and I think that it is a common problem with window's 7 64-bit when using the full screen mode program.Even I have tried the above solution and it has not made any difference for me as well and now I am using the windowed mode to avoid this.I know that it is not solution to this problem but then I think we will have to sacrifice the true full screen to get rid of this. If you want you can try out the same to avoid this problem.