Thread: SD card set to Read Only in Toshiba Thrive

SD card set to Read Only in Toshiba Thrive

HI, i have a Toshiba thrive tablet and able to use the memory card perfectly in the tablet, but whenever i try to connect the tablet with the computer and when it detects the card i can noticed that the card is set with the read only property. I mean to say when trying to copy a file or making a directory in the SD card at that time it just fails doing the same. is there anybody having same problem with the machine? please let me know what could be the possible solution for the same? any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: SD card set to Read Only in Toshiba Thrive

See this is actually because of the security settings that we use to make on particular directory simply. Thus, it might be possible as you must have set the properties to read only, and that’s why it must be preventing you to do any action.

Over here, I would like to recommend you that you should try to simply remove all those security settings from the machine and then see whether you are getting the same performance or there is some variation over there.

I was also having the same problem once with the machine thus after formatting the card i was able to perform any action on the SD card.

See this is actually because of the security settings that we use to make on particular directory simply. Thus, it might be possible as you must have set the properties to read only, and that’s why it must be preventing you to do any action.

Over here, I would like to recommend you that you should try to simply remove all those security settings from the machine and then see whether you are getting the same performance or there is some variation over there.
    When I was searching the solution on internet and got the same thing over there as well. But i couldn’t find any such solution to do that as how can i do that? Please let me know that as well.

Off course i would like to tell you about that, but before that make sure you have inserted the card in the tablet and then simply connect it with the machine. as soon as the card detects in the machine you have to simply right click on that and select the option called “properties” as you select this you’ll get a window in which you have to select the tab called “security” in which you can see the advanced button so from there you can simply assign all the thing once again for the memory card as whether the card should only write or read as well or any one of them.

Off course i would like to tell you about that, but before that make sure you have inserted the card in the tablet and then simply connect it with the machine. as soon as the card detects in the machine you have to simply right click on that and select the option called “properties” as you select this you’ll get a window in which you have to select the tab called “security” in which you can see the advanced button so from there you can simply assign all the thing once again for the memory card as whether the card should only write or read as well or any one of them.
    Hey thanks for the suggestion dude, but still when i reached over there and when i was trying to change the option i was keep getting the message as you don’t have such right to do that, you need to contact your administrator. What’s this now?

make sure whatever you are doing on the card for settings up the permission is through the administrators account as you must have to have that rights first then only you can change that.

But if suppose you are still getting the same problem with the card that might mean as there could be some problem with the card itself, have you tried formatting card? if not then as mentioned above you should do that as well. And make sure you format it as a same file system through which you have formatted your hard drive.