Thread: Toshiba thrive is not able to write to the SD card after 3.2 update

Toshiba thrive is not able to write to the SD card after 3.2 update

I have been using Toshiba thrive and have just updated It to 3.2 and after that I have found that the Toshiba thrive is not able to write to the SD card I don’t know what and it has just stopped the feature for which I had bought it. Everything was working fine with the 3.1. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion for the same will be appreciated.

Re: Toshiba thrive is not able to write to the SD card after 3.2 update

I have been using Toshiba thrive and have just updated It to 3.2 and after that I have found that the Toshiba thrive is not able to write to the SD card I don’t know what and it has just stopped the feature for which I had bought it. Everything was working fine with the 3.1. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion for the same will be appreciated.
    I don’t know how come it is not working for you, I mean that even I am using Toshiba thrive and even I have recently upgraded to 3.2 from 3.1 but then I am not facing any problem as such and I am still able to write to the 16g SD card and it just works fine without any kind of problem. I think that you should try updating it to 3.2 again. Just check it out and see if it is making any difference and if you have any further problem then let me know.

I think that you might be lucky with the same because I have already tried updating to 3.2 again but then it is not making any difference. I just wanted to know that if you are using adobe reader as well because I am using the same and I have found that just after the update the adobe reader is not able to display all files in all directories, I don’t know if that matters but then I was not having any such problem with the 3.1. Any further help will be appreciated

I think that there is some serious issue with the 3.2 update because even I have upgraded to it now and I have found the following problems:
    • File manager such as Astro and ES File Explorer is not able to write to the external SD card.
    • The go option is also not working in order to write the external SD card.
    • I have tried some more apps and QuickOffice as well but then it is not making any difference.

The only thing that I have found to be working and is able to read and write to the external SD card is Stock file manager, so I think that till the time you can try to use the Stock file manager in order to write and read but then I have found some people that even Stock file manager is not working in their case so just check what is your case. If Stock file manager is working for you then well and good if not then I think that there is no other option than just waiting for the next update.

Yes in my case the Stock file manager is allowing me to read but then it is not allowing me to write on the sd card, this is what I have found:
    • Documents to Go: only reads and it does not writes.
    • Quickoffice PRO HD: only reads and it does not write.
    • IP Cam Viewer- It is not allowing me to export camera backups and all.

I have also tried a no of paid apps as well but then they will only read the file from it but then they are not able to write to sd card. The other thing that I have found is that when I connect to the PC using usb then I have found that my computer is listed as multimedia and when I copy a file from the PC then I get a message saying that "The file 'myfile.doc' may be copied to the device for storage or transport only. It is not supported for use on the device itself. Do you wish to copy the file to the device anyway?. Have you all tried this if not then just check if you are having the same case?

I am not sure about it but then I have heard that the Google has decided that the SD card will not be an application writable device, I mean that it was supported by the 3.1 version but then it will not work prior to 3.2 and it can be use for read only and not for writing. So I think that the problem is same here

If it is really so than I think that all the Toshiba thrive user who have updated to the 3.2 will be disappointed with this and I think that this will really defeat the main feature of these devices as well. I was planning to get a Excite for me but then if this news .is true than I think that I will better wait for getting Windows 8 Tablets because I was really concerned of having the writing on sd card feature and you can say that I had bought it for the same but now I think that they should not do so.

I don’t think that this is true because if it had been true than we could have got some information from the Toshiba officials and I have really not came across the above specified news and if it is really so than can you just show us the source from where you have found this surprising news??

I am not sure about it but then I have heard that the Google has decided that the SD card will not be an application writable device, I mean that it was supported by the 3.1 version but then it will not work prior to 3.2 and it can be use for read only and not for writing. So I think that the problem is same here.
    Yes this is really not true because I have also updated to the 3.2 and I am very well able to use Documents to Go and Office Suite in order to write to the sd card. I will also like to share that I have also used Astrofile SMB network and I have copied a video as well to the same card from my computer, other than that I have also used Aldiko to wirelessly transfer files to the sd card. So really I don’t believe the above surprising news. I will suggest you to try removing the cache and then restarting the app and see if it is making any difference or not.

Hey guys I have been searching a solution for the same problem today as well and I am still out of luck, I have found some people who have mentioned that they don’t have any such problems even after updating to the 3.2 but then I think that they might be the lucky ones because I have tried the possible solutions that I have found but then none of them made any difference and I am still left out with the same. I am really regretting on my decision of updating my well working Toshiba thrive to 3.2 and making it worse.

I had the same problem after I did the update to 3.2 .. I took my sd card from a toshiba and placed it in my android phone went into my settings went to sd card and phone storage and did format sd card and once I placed it back in my toshiba thrive everything is working great.