Thread: how can i update BlackBerry OS 7?

how can i update BlackBerry OS 7?

i am thinking for the update Blackberry OS7, but i am not having the suggestion about that how can i do that thing?? can anyone here have done with the same thing?? if yes then please reply me back about that. please tell me that do you have go through the Desktop Manager, AppLoader, BBSAK?? and also before this i have read that OS7 might have OTA updates (like the PB) is this things is true?? if anyone here have the knowledge about this then please reply me back for that.

Re: how can i update BlackBerry OS 7?

For the OTA updates for the OS7 is always been a part of the OS, but now i think that for the some reasons they have removed that thing or also it might happens that some carriers disable it, not sure about this. i am telling you this all things because i am having blackberry with Vodafone UK and with this i can select an OTA upgrade, but when i am trying with the same thing with the Three UK blackberry at that time i g get that this option is not available there. for you i will say here that hope the RIM will offer both OTA and updates via Desktop Manager. but you can try with this and hope that you will not get the problem with that. reply here back about the results o9f this.

Hey dude, after reading your post here i will say here that this looks like that you are having BlackBerry Bold 9780. if here i am right in this case then here let me tell you that unfortunately os7 will not be available for your BlackBerry Bold 9780.

yes, i know here that OS7 will not be available for the OS6 devices. dude, here i am not thinking for the upgrade with t he OS 7, i was just thinking to know about the easy OS upgrades OTA on OS7 like the QNX PB. and also i was just wanted to know if this will be easier than updating OS6 through DM or Loader. thanks for telling me about that things.

hey all, i am having the new BB torch 9810 and i have also tried with the updated OS7 for my mobile but at that i get the problem while i am thinking for doing that thing and the problem is that it is not getting installed via DM or Apploader. why this is happening with me?? if here anyone have the suggestion about this then for that please reply me back over here. for getting resolve this problem i have also tried with the deleting the vendor.xml file on the loader but after that also i get the same problem. why this is happening still?? please give me some suggestion about this.

Yes i was also having the issue while i am trying with the updating the OS7. i am having the BlackBerry Torch 9860 and for that i have also tried with the 9860M_PBr7.0.0_rel2290_PL5.0.0.694_A7.0.0.540_Voda fone_UK update but while i am trying with this at that time i get the problem with this. while i am trying with the update at that time i have done with the following steps::
    download it>> install it as an administrator>> delete the vendor file>> run the app loader as administrator.
    but while i am trying with doing this all things at that time i get that BlackBerry Desktop Software is not having the BlackBerry Device Software for the device while i have connected to the system. and also this is saying me to contact with the wireless service provider or system administrator. before this i have done the same thing and at that time i was not getting the problem. can here anyone suggest me that why i get this type of the problem?? and also here i would like to say to you all that I wipe the phone completely before installing the new OS as well . please reply me some way that will help me to resolve this problem.

OK for getting that type of the problem to be resolve i will suggest you to try with the following suggestion and hope that this will help you to resolve the problem. the steps are as::
    • Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and after this delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    • and after you done whit this then in the app loader, simply click on "Compatibility files" and this will help you to see the actual Vendor.xml file.
    • And Once you have get that file are that time you will need to delete the vendor.xml file there.

after doing this all things, i am sure that this will help you to update to the newly installed OS! reply here back if you get any problem with this.

And also while you are trying with the above suggestion at that time you will need to try with the deleting the both of the vendor files. and out of them, one is in Documents and Settings/user name/Application Data/RIM. after this, the main thing is that you will need to try with disconnect your computer from the Internet. i have also tried the same things and now i am getting that Phone seems smoother and faster.

can here anyone tell me back that the how can anyone find the way for the updating over the existing install through desktop manager vs. wiping and after thsi installing this again. i am asking this all things because before this i tried with the wiped first and then installed fresh on the phone. and for that reason only i am wondering if there was any slow down with os7?? if yes, then reply me back here for resolving my confusion here.

hey all, thanks for replying me about this all things, i tried with this all things and now i am getting that i am still getting the same problem while i am trying with the update. what can i do now?? thanks again for your suggestion.

Hi all, i am having the new BlackBerry Bold 9780 and for this, i am thinking for doing the update to the new BlackBerry OS 7, and for that i tried with the all the suggestion which you all have given here but after that also i am getting that i am not able to do the new BlackBerry OS 7?? why this is happennig to me evn after trying with the all the steps which are here above?? please suggest me some reasons here for doing that thing.