Thread: HTC sensation XE battery won’t last longer

HTC sensation XE battery won’t last longer

HI, I have gotten this phone some days before only, but don’t know what could be the problem with the phone as I have started getting problem with the battery performance. I am not able to keep the battery for longer time however. I mean to say though I keep the phone for idle as well, it use to drain the battery very fast.

Is there anybody over here having same problem with the phone? please let me know what could be the possible solutions for the same, any would be appreciated.

Re: HTC sensation XE battery won’t last longer

See I would say there could be so many problem associated with the batter draining issue in the phone. thus I would like to recommend you that you should try to test your mobile at each and every concern and see what is happening. As the extent to I know there could be some problem with the accessories that you use to use with the phone. I mean to say you should try to check whether the phone’s battery and the charger is also working perfectly or not.

I was once having the same problem with the phone and after such huge approach I came to know that there were some problem with the battery I was using, thus you should try to make use of another batter and same in case of charger as well, so that you can have proper idea about the defect and you can have proper replacement as well.

And I am not saying as there could be some problem with the hardware only rather it might be possible as there could be some problem with the firmware you have installed in the phone. thus you should also make sure about the same.

I am just agree with the above user and I personally believes as really there is no answer for why battery drains. Each phone is particular in each case.

I don’t know which kernel you have installed in the phone but still I have installed I know I use bricked xe v1.6. Faux is good but bricked always manages to handle battery and performance better than faux for me., thus you can have option over here as well, like if you are also using the same then you should try to get it bricked and see whether you are getting the same problem or what.

have you ever rooted the phone? because see I have experienced the same problem with the phone since I have rooted it, thus with no other solution I must had to unroot it once again.

And I am not saying as there could be some problem with the hardware only rather it might be possible as there could be some problem with the firmware you have installed in the phone. thus you should also make sure about the same.
    See as mentioned above there could be some problem with the phones firmware as well thus I would like to recommend you that you should try to reset the firmware of the phone and see what’s happening. Because after resetting the phone all the incorrect data will be wiped out from the phone and it will restore the factory data to the phone. there are to ways of doing the same thing as if you make a soft resetting then you’ll get the only the settings but if you make a hard reset then you’ll get all the factory data back to the phone once again and which will stored replacing the existing data. Thus It would be better if you make a backup copy of important data or else they will be wiped out and which will not be recoverable.

see we should also put emphasis on the overheating as well. I mean to say if suppose the device is been overheating then also you’ll get the same problem with the phone. and this overheating can happens generally due to battery or the charger that we use to use with the device. Thus as mentioned above you should check while you charge the mobile at that time whether the phone gets hotter or not.

Along with this you should always make sure to make use of only the original product with our mobile rather than any duplicate. Because using duplicate or cheaper product can also cause the same problem with the phone.

see once I was also having the same problem with the phone and after testing it properly I came to know that it was actually happening just because of the applications that I have installed in the phone thus I would like to recommend you that if you have also installed any such third party application in the phone then it would be better if you simply get it uninstalled from the phone.
    Similarly for the applications only, I would like to make you aware as you should try to close the applications if they are not getting used somewhere else. In other words it is always recommended to not to run the applications rather games in the background as they also use to consumes more battery than expected.

See as mentioned above there could be some problem with the phones firmware as well thus I would like to recommend you that you should try to reset the firmware of the phone and see what’s happening. Because after resetting the phone all the incorrect data will be wiped out from the phone and it will restore the factory data to the phone. there are to ways of doing the same thing as if you make a soft resetting then you’ll get the only the settings but if you make a hard reset then you’ll get all the factory data back to the phone once again and which will stored replacing the existing data. Thus It would be better if you make a backup copy of important data or else they will be wiped out and which will not be recoverable.
    Though, I am agree with the above user but still I would like to recommend you that you should try to reinstall the firmware in the phone rather than resetting it.

well, if you are about to have another battery for the mobile then I would like to recommend you that you should have a glance over this thread as well, as they have discussed about the same.

According to me you should try to visit the service center and see what they are saying about the same. Because the simple thing is like whenever you got any problem with the phone so why to look for the solution on your own as the device is still in the warranty period.

If the device that you are using is still under warranty then obviously you’ll get all the services for free in case of replacement of any particular hardware as well.

I don’t know exactly what could be the problem with your phone but still these are my best tips I can give from my experiences. But still will you please mentioned for how much hours your mobile can last the battery ? Because it might be possible as you must be having battery for perfect time but still you must be thinking as this is worst. and you should always be aware as this is a smartphone thus you can not expect that much battery life from the phone, in fact according to me if the battery can last up to 2 days then also it is well and good. Anyways see I have mentioned some of the good tips in order to enhanced the battery performance.

TIPS :
    • - Turn off of your radios when not using them

• - Vibrate uses more battery

• - Don’t use task killers

• - Juicedefender

• - Don’t use live wallpapers

• - Kill tasks you aren’t using

• - Your camera flash and battery don’t get along

• - Low cell signal hurts battery

• - Turn off always on mobile data

• - Stop syncing if not in use

• - Don’t use GPS, WIFI, Bluetooth, unless you have to

• - try different kernels

• - Underclock your phone

According to me you should try to visit the service center and see what they are saying about the same. Because the simple thing is like whenever you got any problem with the phone so why to look for the solution on your own as the device is still in the warranty period.

If the device that you are using is still under warranty then obviously you’ll get all the services for free in case of replacement of any particular hardware as well.
    I was also thinking about the same thing as it would be better if I visit the service center rather than having any solution this way, because the worst thing is like I have done almost everything but couldn’t find any variation in the performance of the phone. anyways thanks for the suggestion.