Thread: Standard Android Browser crashes in Aishuo A816

Standard Android Browser crashes in Aishuo A816

I have recently bought a Aishuo A816 tablet for myself and I had not checked the internal browser as it has just been a week but today when I started it then I found that if the webpage is having any java script then standard Android browser crashes and it gets closed automatically and when I disable the javascript of the browser then it works well without any problem, if I don’t disable it then it crashes for www.google.com as well . Is there anyone who has faced the same e and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Standard Android Browser crashes in Aishuo A816

I have recently bought a Aishuo A816 tablet for myself and I had not checked the internal browser as it has just been a week but today when I started it then I found that if the webpage is having any java script then standard Android browser crashes and it gets closed automatically and when I disable the javascript of the browser then it works well without any problem, if I don’t disable it then it crashes for www.google.com as well . Is there anyone who has faced the same e and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Even I am having the same problem with the Herotab MID816 and I have also found that the same goes with the Dolphin browser as well but then later I was able to solve it out by doing a reinstall and then disabling the java script but then I don’t think that it is a solution for the same. I have found a "fix permissions" script from a forum but then I don’t have much idea regarding how to use it. Is there anyone who has used the same before and can help me in dealing with the same?

I think that you both can try out to select the browser and then change your homepage to yahoo or some other search engine by going in to settings and then see if it is making any difference and am suggesting this because I have found that the Google just crashes like this if the Google os is not able to access it search engine, so of you are not having any problem in using the other search engine then I think you can use this solution till you get a effective solution for the same.

Even I am having the same problem with the DroidX and the situation is exactly the same, I mean everything works fine when I use the Standard Android Browser with the java script disabled then I am not having any problem and when I enable it then I am facing constant crashes almost every time when I use it. I don’t think that using another search engine like yahoo or bing is really a good solution and there should be a solution to get this work but I don’t know if it is really there. I have also tried out the factory setting but then it did not helped and now I am really running out of ideas but I want to sort it out somehow so any further solution will be highly appreciated.

I was having the similar issue on the DroidX but then I have stopped using the Standard Android Browser and now I am using firefox as an alternate and now everything is working fine even though I do not disable the java script so if you do not want to change the search engine than you can try out a alternate browser at least. I think that changing the browser will be a better option than switching to some other search engine.

I was having the similar issue on the DroidX but then I have stopped using the Standard Android Browser and now I am using firefox as an alternate and now everything is working fine even though I do not disable the java script so if you do not want to change the search engine than you can try out a alternate browser at least. I think that changing the browser will be a better option than switching to some other search engine.
    I think that you might be lucky with it because even I have tried to use different browsers and I will like to share that firefox was one of them but then it did not worked for me when I keep the java script enabled but it did not had any problem when I disable the java script. I think that there might be some settings that we will have to change and I am still looking for the same in order to get rid of this but have not got any luck by now. So if anyone finds any solution to solve it out then please share it with us and it will be really appreciated as well. Thanks in advance.

I have found a solution for it and it is just clearing all the browser settings but then I will like to inform you that you will be losing all the bookmarks, cookies and all so of you are not concerned regarding it then just follow the below steps:
    • Go to Settings and then go in to the Applications and then select Manage applications and then just select the "All" tab and then chose the Browser.
    • After that just click on the "Clear data" button and then click on ok.

And now you should not have any such further problem, I have done the same for myself and I am not having the same issue now, so I think that it will help you all as well. Just check it out and then let me know what you get.

I have not tried the above solution but then have solved the same problem by just updating the firmware and I think that this is the actual solution for it so if the above solution don’t help you out then you can give this one a try and I think that it will definitely help you out.I will also like to share that I am running the 25 july version and I think that this is the latest one as well.So just check it out and let me know whether you are able to solve the problem or not.

I have not tried the above solution but then have solved the same problem by just updating the firmware and I think that this is the actual solution for it so if the above solution don’t help you out then you can give this one a try and I think that it will definitely help you out.I will also like to share that I am running the 25 july version and I think that this is the latest one as well. So just check it out and let me know whether you are able to solve the problem or not.
    Hey thanks for your solution I have finally solved my problem by updating the firmware. I wish that I would have tried the same before but then now I am happy that I have solved it out. Anyways thanks to others as well for their suggestions.