Thread: Html support with HTC Mail client Exchange on HTC Sensation XE

Html support with HTC Mail client Exchange on HTC Sensation XE

i used HTC Sensation XE mobile phone and yesterday, i read one article that something about it. this article mention that the Html support with HTC Mail client Exchange on my HTC mobile phone. i know that this html support for exchange with Hotmail already happen on other phones but now HTC Sensation XE also provide this opportunity. its really interesting. is this true?? any comments on this issue will be helpful for me.

Re: Html support with HTC Mail client Exchange on HTC Sensation XE

yes, now this is possible on such high configuration based smartphone and HTC Sensation XE is one of that smartphone. for doing this process you can follow below instructions.
    • Open your hotmail accounts and then select exchange (hotmail) account and Hit edit record option.
    • Open _easSvrProtocol and change 2.5 into 12, and hit save button.
    • Perform turn on and off on your smartphone.
    • Then immediately open mail client
    • Open settings-> send & receive settings.
    • try to replace edit mail size to 10 kb.
    • Set plain text into html
    • Close this mail client application
    • open accounts-> settings-> sync settings.
    • Choose exchange account and mark on sync an change update freq.
    • After synchronization, close home screen.
    • finally open _easSvrProtocol and change 12 into 2.5 and save setting.
    • That's it.

i also use this simple process and must say that this is best for me to fix such complex process in proper way. hence i would be suggest to you for do this simple process in your system. after doing this task, just save it. this will be work to fix your problem. then you can see that the html support with HTC Mail (Hotmail) client Exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by Aalap View Post
    i also use this simple process and must say that this is best for me to fix such complex process in proper way. hence i would be suggest to you for do this simple process in your system. after doing this task, just save it. this will be work to fix your problem. then you can see that the html support with HTC Mail (Hotmail) client Exchange.
    I have successfully set up TWO exchange accounts to sync with my phone. It works fine without giving any kind of problem. i think you also need to do this above mentioend process on your system this will be work to fix your complicated problem.

i think manufacturer of mobile phone is being specially build such facility as per user demand. it will be push email, if you connect to an exchange server. hence this is really well for thus user who want to get this facility. try it and check what happen onto it.

yogeonline Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DaminiAMD View Post
    i think manufacturer of mobile phone is being specially build such facility as per user demand. it will be push email, if you connect to an exchange server. hence this is really well for thus user who want to get this facility. try it and check what happen onto it.

HI Damini,

I recently bought HTC sensation XE, I would like to know the procedure to activate the HTML support for exchange client. I tried following this steps mahalingam posted above but it seems this needs some developer access to phone, I am a not a software pro. so can you please provide some baby steps and tools required to get into the phone console.

regards
    Yoge

Quote Originally Posted by yogeonline View Post
    HI Damini,

I recently bought HTC sensation XE, I would like to know the procedure to activate the HTML support for exchange client. I tried following this steps mahalingam posted above but it seems this needs some developer access to phone, I am a not a software pro. so can you please provide some baby steps and tools required to get into the phone console.
    It is not easy to setup html support for exchange client for htc sensation xe mobile phone, because it requires rooting of the phone, and some extra software like SQLIte editor and many manual procedures. You can however, I get html support by default, you only have to config hotmail as an exchange account. (server m.hotmail.com).

yogeonline Guest

Thanks,

I downloaded "root explorer" & SQLite editer to my phone but when I open SQLite editer says my phone is not rooted and I can edit only the db's stored in SD card. and when I open the "root explorer" > home : data > but inside it does not show me any more file or dir's.

it doesnt show up com.htc.android.mail/databases/mail.db.?
    Am i using correct Sqlite editer or root explorer?

As far as the rooting is concerned there is a guide on the xda developer site, if you want then you can refer to the same.