Thread: NO display on ASUS G73SW screen even after the Boot

NO display on ASUS G73SW screen even after the Boot

There is an ordinary problem in my g73 and for that i hope that you have a solution. I dont know for what reason i cannot get anythig on screen. The system boots up fine, i can see the windows to load. furthermore the system plays the sound when anything plugged into it. I have tried with two different external monitors without success. I dont recognize whether it is a problem with gpu or CPU. Is there any possible solution for this issue?

Re: NO display on ASUS G73SW screen even after the Boot

I will send it directly to the ASUS Service you have been too little time.: Your screen is 60Hz so you can not physically exceed this frequency (one is on mobile we do not choose the scan rate as is done on a desktop, it is technically impossible), your PC is not a 3D version 120Hz screen, so if you note that your screen is more than 60Hz is that all display a significant defect! You can try to get the plug out the battery and then also take out about half a minute (or longer) the on / off switch and hold some power so he can "discharge". Because I had something similar, I just got a black screen with the unfolding of the laptop, and 1 at the New startup.

Since you get an external display artifacts, I think it is indeed the video card. Usually a laptop video card only to replace the motherboard replacement, which are usually so expensive joke is often cheaper to buy a new laptop.Also check your RAM from. A friend of mine had the same problem but that was because of the brackish memory that sometimes and other times it did not.

If the RAM memory would get broken bios beeps if you would still have to obtain at least the boot screen.

I also think that many others like it will be the graphics card.

Maybe you went to the acer helpdesk for info on your laptop (because your graphics card or onboard them or would not, for example) and for what price they would restore)

Maybe is it possible to reinstall windows over the existing version. If all other options (Uninstall programs or updated drivers - System Restore - etc.) Did not make the system stability, it is reinstalling XP over itself. The inconvenience is that it will reinstall all the updates and patches of the system (WindowsUpdate) and the updated drivers. To reduce the number of updates, it is possible to produce a CD-ROM incorporating the SP1. Note for OEM versions pre-installed: Computers that the system was pre-installed are often supplied with the CD-ROM collection compiled by the assembler. These CD-ROM restore the system by reinstalling Windows XP and drivers. Side of the coin if no CD-ROM specifically named Windows XP is provided: In most cases, restoration is a automatic formatting of the system partition and install a new system! It is therefore not possible to use the Recovery CD to repair an already installed system.

Check the power connection to the screen. it looks like the screen is not getting proper power when the system is boots up.

it's a hardware problem (so something physical in the pc) it may be your hard disk or ram, also pay attention if there is a cd in the drive, a memory card reader or just HIGHLIGHTS: a device into the USB port. Remove them if any then try to boot once again.

As my past experience there could be any cause with the Graphics card, CPU or power supply are not the cause of the problem. The memory I could not test it in a different board. Usually it looks like a memory issue. Check your memory chip as soon as possible.

The ASUS immediately agreed to take it for repair. The time to backup data and complete all the forms. What is nice is that you can follow the progress of the repair on the ASUS website (although the instructions are vague). It turns out that it was so long (and still is reasonable) because they were waiting for parts. They sent me one in another box than the original (I was warned), which has the advantage of being much better than the original (plastic compartment for AC adapter, PC better rigged for example). The different pieces that I had sent were labeled. From this side, they are serious. It turns out that they changed the graphics card (VGA board) and the motherboard! This last component surprised me, but, that there must be a serious problem.

I have also sent it to the Asus after several tellings. Only the first physical hard disk seems to have been affected by System Restore. I was able to reinstall a Windows unpolluted software useless. The change of motherboard did not pose problems for activation, contrary to what I feared. In short, I have no problem on startup, I am constantly in 120Hz and no worries for now. To summarize I would say the customer service is good, unlike what I have read here and there. I hope others will have a chance.