Thread: Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 Energy Management and OneKey Theatre button not responding

Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 Energy Management and OneKey Theatre button not responding

I can see that the Energy Management button is flashing but the problem is that when I click on that then nothing happens. If I also change the change the OneKey Theatre settings from the task bar but then also the buttons are responding to my clicks. There is no problem with the volume buttons, they are working great. brightness function key is also working by there is no display. Do you have some suggestion for me. If yes then please post that over here. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 Energy Management and OneKey Theatre button not responding

I think that you have installed the leno soft by wrong method and this is the reason that you are facing the issue like. Other than this, you can also clean clean the msreg and make use of the shipped cd. This will guide you that what is the method to install the leno soft properly.

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 Energy Management and OneKey Theatre button not responding

Thank you so much for your reply but I would like to tell you that I have not installed anything in this. Each software came preinstalled into it with all the drivers. Can you also tell me that what is the method to clean the msreg? Please reply back!!!

I cannot say for sure that this will work in your case but if you want the you can just uninstall the Energy Management from the system and once you are done with that then install it over again. In order to 'do that5, you will ahev to download the driver from the Lenovo's site and it will be done easily. do this and let me know whether this solves the issue for you or not so that we can try to get it solved in some other possible ways.

I am also using the Lenovo y570 and earlier, I was also facing the same problem like you. I tried many things to get it solved but nothing helps me. One day, I start the computer in safe mode by pressing the F8 key and after that rebooted in the normal mode and all the things starts normally without any issue. So you must try to do the same and I wish that it will be helpful to you as well.

I think that contacting to the Lenlovo support will be good for you instead of wondering for the solution here and there. They will give you the best solution for this problem.

Same problem with onekey theater, my laptop had a serious malfunction that I caused by accident. I also had hard drive issues i e I ran a test from a Lenovo site which asked two questions, 1, identify the problem, 2, fix problem, or you could choose both, I chose both. After turning off my laptop, and restarting it to employ the " diagnosis & repair " I went from 720GB of free space down to 2.5 GB of free space!!! Then came disaster. I also made updates to NVIDIA / GEFORCE that I believe were unnecessary which i believe made my onekey theater and thermal management inoperable. Moving on, I decided to install a " Crucial 1TB " solid state hard drive. I sent the laptop off to an extremely qualified technician, however he is having a hard time re- installing my onekey theater, therma managementl is now funtioning according to the technician, but he can't re- install onekey theater, any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by TCB59 View Post
    Same problem with onekey theater, my laptop had a serious malfunction that I caused by accident. I also had hard drive issues i e I ran a test from a Lenovo site which asked two questions, 1, identify the problem, 2, fix problem, or you could choose both, I chose both. After turning off my laptop, and restarting it to employ the " diagnosis & repair " I went from 720GB of free space down to 2.5 GB of free space!!! Then came disaster. I also made updates to NVIDIA / GEFORCE that I believe were unnecessary which i believe made my onekey theater and thermal management inoperable. Moving on, I decided to install a " Crucial 1TB " solid state hard drive. I sent the laptop off to an extremely qualified technician, however he is having a hard time re- installing my onekey theater, therma managementl is now funtioning according to the technician, but he can't re- install onekey theater, any suggestions?
    I think that you can try to installed the Lenovo software in the wrong way and that is why it is not working. Try to uninstall all lenovo software from your laptop and then clean all the MSReg and then use the CD/DVD that came along with the laptop accessories. It will let you know how to install the Lenovo software properly.