Thread: Broadcom NIC fails after installing BIOS A03 for Dell Latitude E5520

Broadcom NIC fails after installing BIOS A03 for Dell Latitude E5520

In my Dell laptop I have recently update the BIOS. Now after updating the BISO in my Dell Latitude E5520 laptop it has started giving me problems. Now in my laptop Broadcom gigabit drivers is not loading. I don’t know what went wrong but this problem is really frustrating for me.

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Broadcom NIC fails after installing BIOS A03 for Dell Latitude E5520

I will suggest you to first try to solve this problem by reinstalling the Broadcom gigabit drivers. Many times reinstalling the drivers helps the system to recognize the hardware properly and that the reason why I am suggesting you this solution. Try this solution and after that your problem might get solved.

If you have already tried to solve this problem by uninstalling the Broadcom gigabit drivers from laptop and installing the drivers again in the laptop and after that also if you are getting the same problem then you should try to solve this problem by restoring default setting in the BIOS. First you have to restart the laptop and after restarting the laptop you have to go to the BIOS setting and then you have to restore the default setting for the BISO from there and after doing that you have to check whether it makes any difference or not.

I am suggesting you this because there was similar problem occurred in my laptop also and after that I have restore the BIOS setting and after restoring the BIOS setting in my laptop all the things started working properly. You should try this solution and then your problem will get solved.

Download the latest Broadcom gigabit drivers from the internet and after downloading the latest drivers from the internet you have to remove the drivers which you have installed and then install newly downloaded drivers and after installing that you have to check whether problem get solved or not. Maybe this trick will be helpful for you.

If you want to download the latest NIC drivers for the dell then you have can get it from the official site of the Dell

or

You can also download the drivers by clicking here DOWNLOAD.

You have mentioned that I have to try to solve this problem reinstalling the drivers and updating the drivers but after updating the drivers and reinstalling it don’t make any difference and after that I have also tried to solve this problem by restoring BIOS setting and after restoring the BIOS setting also I was facing the same problem.

Now please help me to solve this issue.

Well according to me you can fix this issue by turning NIC setting from "Enabled with PXE" to "Enabled". I think you should change the NIC setting in your Dell laptop and after changing the setting your problem will get solved. I have searched on the internet about this problem and find many users has solved this problem by doing this steps. You should also try this solution.

Well according to me you can fix this issue by turning NIC setting from "Enabled with PXE" to "Enabled". I think you should change the NIC setting in your Dell laptop and after changing the setting your problem will get solved. I have searched on the internet about this problem and find many users has solved this problem by doing this steps. You should also try this solution.

Yes I totally agree with this solutions if NIC setting is set as "Enabled with PXE" then you should change to the enabled and then restart the laptop and after that your problem will get solved. To change the setting you have to restart the laptop and after restarting the laptop you have to open the BISO setting and then you have to look for the NIC setting there and after that you have to change it from "Enabled with PXE" to "Enabled". Now afetr that you have to save that setting and laptop will restart. After restarting the laptop you have to check whether problem gets solved or not.

As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

If above solution doesn’t help you to fix this issue then you have to roll back the BIOS in your laptop and after installing the previous version of the BIOS you have to also restore the BIOS default setting and after that you have to check whether Broadcom drivers are loading properly or not. try this solution and then let me know what the situation is.

I have open the BIOS setting in my Dell laptop and after that I have change the NIC setting from "Enabled with PXE" to "Enabled" and after changing the setting I have save that setting and then when I start the laptop at that time I didn’t get any problem. Thank you for helping me and giving solution.