Thread: Lenovo IdeaPad Y530 Battery drops power level

Lenovo IdeaPad Y530 Battery drops power level

I am using the Lenovo IdeaPad Y530. There is some issue with the battery of this otherwise, it is working without any problem. While I lpug the system to the electrical outlet then the blue battery indicator light which is at the front of the system turns on but after that suddenly it goes back off. The light usually remains on by the the time computer is shut down. Other than this, I also found that the battery indicator icon which is there at right side bottom of screen continuly denotes that the system is "plugged in, not charging" other than this, the power level has goes down from the point where the system used to recharge the battery. Is there soem problem with the battery or is it something else that is causing issue for you. Thank you to all the readers in advance.

re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y530 Battery drops power level

What is the age of the battery? I mean that from how many days you are using that battery. If this is very old the the culprit for the issue is the battery itself and there is no solution for this problem other than replacing the battery with a new one. This is the only solution that I can suggest you now if there is no problem with the system.

Thank you so much for such a quick reply. I would like to tell you that the battery I am using is 2 years and 7 months old. Earlier I was getting approximately 2 to 3 hours of run once it is charged completely. But now, system is not even able to run the system at all. I am very confused that what should be done for this. If you are having any idea for this then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies for this.

There are many of the things that you can try in order to get this issue solved. I am listing them below and hope that this will be helpful to you.
    • Try by changing power management with completely charge the battery.
    • Don't stop at 80%.
    • Takeout the battery while it is running and then reinsert that.
    • Shut down > unplug > remove battery > hold power button down (30 seconds) and re plug and insert battery. Restart the system.

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y530 Battery drops power level

Why don't you contact to the Lenovo support and ask them for this. I know that this is out of warranty but then also they will guide you in proper way to get the problem resolved.

There may be some issue with the charger that you are using to charge that and for that reason you are facing this problem. So you can also check for this possibility. I am not very sure about this but it can be considered as one of the possible reasons for this issue. Thank you and good luck for your IdeaPad Y530 Battery.

If none of the solutions helsp you then I think that there is just one thing that you can do and that is to change the battery with the new one and you will be out of issue.