Thread: Dell Latitude E652 laptop Won't show POST

Dell Latitude E652 laptop Won't show POST

Rght now i am using a brand new Dell latitude E6520. even after it is brand new i dont know how it got infected and started giving issues suddenly. I never thought that i could end like this way via such a new piece. The problem is this thing wont POST at all. i mean wont show POST while it is attached to he common E-Port Replicator. i have connected this replicator to IOGEAR KVM (GCS932U). As you know it is Dock system. The laptop works fine when it is removed from the Dock, i mean when it is undocked. Can anyone recognize the issue here?

Re: Dell Latitude E652 laptop Won't show POST

What would you get the When the laptop is connected to the E dock alone? U have said that when the laptop is undocked it will work and post correctly. Have you tried by connecting the logear directly? first of all i urge you that you need to find out the proper reason or cause of the issue. Then you can easily go for the solution. first thing you need to find out is whether the issue is with the docking station or Iogear.

It seems to me that it could be a issue with the kvm switch. i have seen like this issues before when the notebook or laptop is connected via kvm switch. If so, you need to refer the manual for this.

I am very much appreciated with your reply. As far as i know that the IOgear KVM which i currently own does include DVi video connectors only. On the other side the laptop only contain external VGA connector. So do you think that i can connect each other directly using KVM. well i can't. I have used the same IOgear with another dell laptop and there i didn't get any kind of issues with the POST or something else.

I have heard that the Dell system frequently employ some kind of hidden parition to get back the system from failure and recover it well. For this you might need to refer the Dell Docs. other thaan this i dont know whether something is there to say much about the issue.

It seems to me that there is a Nvidia card in your laptop. AS i know that intel does not contain the DVI ports only Nvidia cards contain DVI port. The real thing is when the system or your laptop boots up, the Intel GPU load first even if it contain the Nvidia GPU. This is because it is Integrated. So if you have connected to the Nvidia DVI port, then it acts as a secondary. But h\when the laptop boots up, it only uses the VGA port.

I have tried by pressing the FN+F2 at boot and that didn't help. i can hear the system starting, fan spinning sound. I have doublechecked all the connections and other components. Everything seems to be perfect and all in working conditions. Now for me the only way left is to call the Dell customer support team and ask for the help.