Thread: Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 overheating

Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 overheating

HI, i am very former user of this IdeaPad y570 from the Lenovo but I haven’t ever got any such problem with the laptop I have mentioned in the title. actually the thing is like the gpu hits as high as 97 celcius while playing games and which in turn heat the whole laptop. Is there anybody over here having same problem with their laptop? Please let me know what could be the possible solution for the same. Any suggestion will be esteemed.

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad Y570 overheating

once I was too having equivalent difficulty with the laptop, in fact this is not the issue with your laptop only but almost all the users used to pursue this problem if we didn’t care about the same. But still after such a enormous approach I came to be acquainted as it was because of the tainted drivers I had installed in the laptop for all the hardware, thus after downloading the latest drivers once again for all hardware, at present everything were working perfectly. Thus I would like to suggest you that you should attempt to make sure whether the drivers you have installed is functioning flawlessly or there is some problem with the drivers? And if suppose you are not getting anything like whether they are functioning completely or not, then also I would like to recommend you that you should get it reinstalled in the machine, and while you download the drivers you should make sure you are not installing the similar source that’s the disk you must have gotten with the laptop instead of that download the most recent drivers from the hardware manufacturer’s official website.

I don’t know what could be the problem with the machine but still see I have mentioned some of the ways through which you can keep your laptop cool.

• repair Internal Cooling system of your laptop

• Keep The Laptop On A Hard & Flat Surface rather than on cushion or similar surface.

• You should get a Laptop Cooler

• If possible then you should try to apply a TIM (thermal interface material) near the CPU for cooling

• Try to dirt free the GPU as well as CPU fan

• Keep the laptop in cool environment.

once I was too having equivalent difficulty with the laptop, in fact this is not the issue with your laptop only but almost all the users used to pursue this problem if we didn’t care about the same. But still after such a enormous approach I came to be acquainted as it was because of the tainted drivers I had installed in the laptop for all the hardware, thus after downloading the latest drivers once again for all hardware, at present everything were working perfectly. Thus I would like to suggest you that you should attempt to make sure whether the drivers you have installed is functioning flawlessly or there is some problem with the drivers? And if suppose you are not getting anything like whether they are functioning completely or not, then also I would like to recommend you that you should get it reinstalled in the machine, and while you download the drivers you should make sure you are not installing the similar source that’s the disk you must have gotten with the laptop instead of that download the most recent drivers from the hardware manufacturer’s official website.
    Though I am entirely consent with the top of user but still furthermore to that I would like to recommend you that you should try to update the BIOS as well with the drivers you have install.

And as mentioned above you should install the latest version over here as well rather than the one you have already installed.

as the degree to I know For a properly considered laptop, the majorly regular cause of overheating is unproductive air vents. It happens when dust blocks the fans and air vents designed to cool your laptop, and simply it leads to overheating. Thus you should ensure whether they are dust free or not and if you found them with dirt so its your responsibility to get it clean first and then only try to run the machine.

But still along with that you should also make sure where you have kept the laptop, because you should always keep it in a cool environment.

According to me it would be better if you simply visit the service center and let them aware about the same, because see I also used to play the game on my laptop and it started causing problem after 3 to 4 of game play but not before that. Thus if you are having any problem before that os surely there could some problem in the machine that you need to resolved rather than using it this way.

In fact you’ll get benefitted over there as well if the machine would be in the warranty period.

According to me it would be better if you simply visit the service center and let them aware about the same, because see I also used to play the game on my laptop and it started causing problem after 3 to 4 of game play but not before that. Thus if you are having any problem before that os surely there could some problem in the machine that you need to resolved rather than using it this way.

In fact you’ll get benefitted over there as well if the machine would be in the warranty period.
    I was also thinking about the same but still guys have you heard about the TIM as mentioned by the above user as well. Please let me know how to apply it on the processor? And really very thanks for the suggestions.