Thread: Nokia Lumina 800 touch screen and buttons go dead

Nokia Lumina 800 touch screen and buttons go dead

HI, I have got the phone before some days, and the worst thing is like I have started getting problem with the phone. as after sometimes the screen and the button all the things becomes unresponsive and they just freezes and with no other option I have to reboot the phone is there anybody over here having same problem with the phone?

Apart from this There seems to be a big part not secured inside the device. while shaking the device there's a separate click/clack sound and i can experience the part moving around in the device. I’m not sure if both problems are connected, so I'm speculating if anybody else has experienced alike troubles with the screen and touch buttons going dead. Any suggestion for resolving this will be appreciated.

re: Nokia Lumina 800 touch screen and buttons go dead

well, there could be so many reasons as you touchscreen wont respond anyway, thus It would be better if you simply specify all the things perfectly. Are you getting any symptoms that you can describe over here?

See with regards to touchscreen some symptoms are,

• Multi-Touch display (or touchscreen) does not act in response

• Portions (buttons in you case) of the Multi-Touch display do not act in response

• Multi-Touch display is very slow to act in response

have you ever tried resetting the firmware of the phone? because I personally believe as whenever we test the device we should always starts with the firmware rather than the hardware, because if the issue is been resolved with resetting the software then there isn’t any need of hardware testing. Thus first you have to try to reset the firmware of the mobile and see whether you are having same problem with the phone or what?

And you should always be aware as soft resetting will let you restore all the factory settings in the device and the hard resetting will let you enable to not only restore the settings in the mobile rather all the data will restored to your phone.

NOTE: it is always recommended to make a backup first and then only proceed with the following as the data will wiped out after hard resetting and which will not be recoverable as well.

have you installed any such third party application or games in your mobile? Because once I was also having the same problem with the phone as it just simply freezes randomly and the screen becomes unresponsive.

Thus if you have installed any such thing then it would be better if you get it uninstalled an see whether there is any variation in the performance or not.

see I have mentioned some of the ways through which you may get some resolution to your problem.

- Clean the phone screen with a supple, somewhat moist, lint-free cloth.

- Do not wear gloves whilst using the Multi-Touch display.

- If you have a defensive plastic sheet or film on the touch screen, attempt eliminating it.

See with regards to touchscreen some symptoms are,

Multi-Touch display (or touchscreen) does not act in response
    Portions (buttons in you case) of the Multi-Touch display do not act in response
    Multi-Touch display is very slow to act in response
    see though you have mentioned all that three symptoms with the touchscreen but I am not getting any among the mentioned. The only thing I can tell you is like it just becomes unresponsive randomly thus it is quite difficult for me as well to determine what could be the problem with the screen. Anyways thanks for the above suggestions.

I think there could be some problem with the firmware for sure, thus I don’t think resetting the firmware will help you over here rather you must have to reinstall the firmware once in the mobile and see what happens.

see when I searching About the solution I got the thread over here, I haven’t read it properly yet but still would like to recommend you that you should at least have a glance over it so that you can have better idea about it.

I would like to recommend you that it would be better if you simply visit the service center for the further assistance regarding your device, because I personally feel, as there could be some real problem with the hardware in the phone rather than the software or else it will be resolved after either resetting the firmware or reinstalling the firmware.

In addition, off course you’ll be benefitted over there as well, like if you have warranty period required for the device then all the services regarding the device and in terms of replacement as well you won’t have to pay them as well.

Re: Nokia Lumina 800 touch screen and buttons go dead

If it's a particularly humid day, you will probably experience similar effects. All capacitive screens (pretty much every Android phone, iPhones, Zune HDs, etc.) have these problems I'm describing.