Thread: Lenovo Ideapad Y560 is giving crackling sound on speakers or headphones.

Lenovo Ideapad Y560 is giving crackling sound on speakers or headphones.

I have been using the Lenovo Ideapad Y560 and it has been working very well by now and I did not had any problem with it but now the problem that I have started noticing is that I am getting crackling sound when I am playing any music in the headphones and the speakers as well. I was not facing the same before and it appeared to happen suddenly. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about it? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

re: Lenovo Ideapad Y560 is giving crackling sound on speakers or headphones.

I have been using the Lenovo Ideapad Y560 and it has been working very well by now and I did not had any problem with it but now the problem that I have started noticing is that I am getting crackling sound when I am playing any music in the headphones and the speakers as well. I was not facing the same before and it appeared to happen suddenly. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about it? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Even I am facing the same problem and I think that it is some problem with the internal speaker I have noticed the same and the other thing that I have experienced is that I am also able to hear the scrolling noise of the mouse wheel when I use headphones. I have also got the latest realtek sound drivers and that too from the Lenovo site thinking that it will solve it out but then it did not made any difference and I have also tried to change the sound settings as well but no matter what setting I choose I am facing the same irritating noise. I really want to get rid of this so any further help will be appreciated.

I am facing the same solution but then I have found that when I reboot the laptop then it gets solved for some hours but then it is not actually solving it out even I have tried to find a solution for the same but then I have not yet found a effective one. If you want then you can try to avoid it till then by rebooting you machine and if it is working for you as well. I have found people who have said that are able to avoid the noise problem with this but there are some who have mentioned that it is not working so I am not sure if the rebooting method will work for you all or not but then I think that you should just check it out and see if it is making any difference.

Even I am not sure about the above solution but then I have been able to avoid the same problem with the following method:
    • When you hear any such crackling sound then just unplug your earphones/ext speakers.
    • After that Unplug AC charger from your laptop as well.
    • Wait for some seconds and then plug the AC charger and then insert the head phone or turn on the speaker again.

Just check it out and see if it is making any difference, I have been able to avoid the problem in this way but even I have not found a perfect solution to sort it out permanently.

It has just been a week and I have started facing the same kind of sound problem. Even I am getting the crackling weird sound when I am playing movie or listening to music. In the start I thought that there is something wrong with the external speaker but then when I disconnected it and played the same sound in the laptop itself then I was having the same problem. I have also noticed that when I keep the external speakers connected to the laptop and when I turn them on without playing the music then I am able to hear a loud buzzing sound. There is no problem with the external speaker because I have checked it with the other laptop and it is working fine. I think that there is something wrong with the internal speaker of the laptop and if I don’t find a solution for the same then I will be going for a replacement.

Hey guys you can just check it this Unofficial Realtek Audio Driver R254 + SRS Premium Sound - Y560 and see if it works, just go to the link below:
    Unofficial Realtek Audio Driver R254 + SRS Premium Sound - Y560

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y560 is giving crackling sound on speakers or headphones.

Hey thanks for that link but then I have checked it out and I have installed the same Unofficial Realtek Audio Driver R254 + SRS Premium Sound - Y560 but then it is not making any difference. I think that there is some problem with the internal speaker and I will visit the service center and find out if it is so. Anyways thanks to you all for your help.