Thread: Honeycomb official update For Dell Streak 7

Honeycomb official update For Dell Streak 7

Honeycomb 3.2 official update i received this afternoon on my dell streak 7. Download and installation took a while, nevertheless in my slow wifi network. Looking far and I am Extremely excited for this update. I did not like the default wallpaper and even changed .

Re: Honeycomb official update For Dell Streak 7

I had the impression of all wireless users to receive the update at the same time.It makes sense if there is a difference according to the transport provider, Nevertheless it does not make sense if you have a Wi-Fi version for the United Kingdom to receive the first update.

Do not misunderstand me . I'm happy for you and that means everybody will acquire the update sooner or later, Nevertheless in reality it does not make sense for some people to acquire the first upgrade if wifi version.

My streak 3G version is unlocked. Hoeycomb looks superior. I particularly like the tabs on the browser and does not seem to have plenty of easy shortcuts on the navigation screen I am learning to read honeycomb online data that makes the experience great to browse on seven inch display

Less than a month I have a new Dell streak 7 only wifi. Yesterday afternoon I received official announcement of the Dell system upgrade for Honeycomb. As mentioned, the update will take about 15 minutes, Althought the truth is that the update was not established. The display went blank ,displaying Dell logo loop in and out. Nevertheless I left it for more than two hours until the battery ran out. There was no transform or a message in all this time.

Clearly, something went wrong with the official update. Now the only Dell logo remains permanently, with the animated logo dell blucle brilliant. I am unable to restore my system as the combined volume of top-down + turn on does not work.

There are several updates about my troubles with honeycomb update on Dell Streak 7 I have to say. I called Dell support for a solution. I was told that Dell does not provide support for the Dell Streak in Spain . Apparently, a phone shop. I bought the tablet and distributed without contract, not even by phone from Dell. When I called The Phone House also reassures me at all. His answer: to bring the tablet to his own service and would be returned at least one month! It's a shame that Dell agrees that its products are
    distributed without contract and official support.

Luckily, before handing it to something wonderful happened PhoneHouse. The hard reset worked. I had tried a dozen times during the day and the rash did not respond, however then (I guess they felt sorry for my despair) .As installed Honeycomb sweeping all the data I had. All deleted

copy the downloaded file, rename Update.pkg (identical extension) and paste it to the root of the external SD card.

Turn off the device and then while holding the volume , at the same time, do not let go until a context menu, allowing you to sift through card upgrade, I imagine . Just follow the remaining instructions and go. Let me know if there was any trouble

my streak went blank after selecting the SD card upgrade, and now stays on the screen from Dell. I left it plugged in and 24 hours after its still in the identical place. I imagine it broke. I tried to return to the menus and do a factory reset, Although that alternative is out of line only on a backlit / black with nothing.it seems that the system is corrupt. I have nothing to return to.if there is something that works.

I updated via wifi and the whole thing was so easy though, I had lockedup in the Dell logo , after attempting to send something to the PC, I thought perhaps it had gone defective android. soon I had ordered had to make the pin end of the volume then begin + tselected any format full reset of the device took a long time in the initial boot, then all well once more do not giveup.Nevertheless I've had loads of Symbian devices brick during flashing with Phoenix and managed deadflash software and jaf, i havent a clue if these alternatives are obtainable for these devices / OS hope you obtain solution for this trouble.

It is interesting to note that not everyone has received the update in the U.S. yet. I've had my Dell Streak in the last two months and have not yet received an OTA update notification. In addition, after waiting on Friday to come and go, then trying to install it manually, I have a model mismatch error OTA.

If anyone else has evidence that Dell does not care about how your products and customers are supported, read on. Otherwise, go buy another company and stop wasting time.

I called Dell support and ran circles to describe the problem in detail in advance, the technician gave me the same questions had been answered (following a script, obviously) and, finally, having exhausted all options for recovering I would be sending a box to return the unit for repair or replacement. They stated that the new receipt system will have 3.x system software.

While satisfield with the exchange of a unit of work and a roundabout admission that there is a problem here, I do not like reading a text. Business skills and experience and win the customer's server is maintained. Dell is a bit weak here and should consider withdrawing some of its operations in support of Costa Rico and India.

Here is my experience with the base and the honeycomb material is the same (just did not realize) while connected to HDMI - audio fine in most excellent headphone audio dock, audio output on the dock - Fine audio, bluetooth receiver - audio fine.

Similar trouble regardless of the selection (selection of audio to the speakers or audio device to the base) NO audio output device speakers when connected. Restart while connected to the speakers dock allows the device to the output.However it is not so great that you have to restart the system and is not a huge trouble

Nevertheless I found a little work around you can do without restarting .maintain "People always ask me what to do", selected in the port configuration. Start the music (I used a stream of Pandora), when you connect the dock, not to make a selection (which is OK or CANCEL requests to activate the speaker device) - will continue playing through the speakers the device or reboot This is definitely not a fixed one issue really lame.