Thread: Skype on rooted nook tablet

Skype on rooted nook tablet

HI, I have recently bought a tablet that’s the nook as I have already mentioned in the title and have used skype on It, and everything works fine. But still I was thinking of getting the tablet rooted after sometime, and as I haven’t done it ever yet thus I was not that confirmed whether the same skype will work with the rooted tablet as well. So just to confirm before rooting the device as whether it is possible to use the same skype or there is another option as well.

Re: Skype on rooted nook tablet

No I am not sure whether the same setup will run with the rooted device as well or not but still I would like to recommend you that you should not root the device until and unless you have that necessity. Because I have heard that it is quite difficult to get all the application which were working with the tablet previously that’s before rooting it.

I am not sure about the tablet you are using but I have a rooted Samsung’s tablet and in which I can use the skype application.

I would like to recommend you that you can simply download the .APK from here and see whether the same works with your device as well or what.

Though I am agree with you but still I have some doubts regarding rooting the device such as,
    • having 2.2.2 can i unroot it again and which app is most suitable for this?

• is this illegal?

• I know this thing canceled my warranty but any trouble happen to my tablet will be repairable?
    • can I update official firmware of the tablet once again after rooting the device?

Though I am agree with you but still I have some doubts regarding rooting the device such as,

- having 2.2.2 can i unroot it again and which app is most suitable for this?

- is this illegal?

- I know this thing canceled my warranty but any trouble happen to my tablet will be repairable?

- can I update official firmware of the tablet once again after rooting the device?
    See to you question I have some sort of answers so that you can have better idea about the same.

1- See you simply unroot after rooting.

2- And off course rooting the device is not illegal as if so, there would not be such a big community supporting it.

3- If you do all the steps correctly, you will have no troubles with your device, and though you get bricked over somewhere then also you can have option to visit the service center for the same.

4- As I have mentioned earlier as you can unroot the device once again after rooting it so obviously you can install your official firmware as well in the device.

see rooting is not illegal as mentioned by the above user, in fact after doing that you can simply enhanced the performance of tablet by unleashing its potential. There are several advantages of the same as mentioned below:
    • Custom Software (ROM’s)

• Custom Themes

• Kernel, speed, and battery

• Baseband

• Latest Versions of Android

• Backing up your device

• Unlocking Additional Features

It appears to be fine working fine for me.

Have only done one voice call though. I would say chat is very well Not sure which apk I have downloaded but it was just google for one and installed it. I dont have the full market installed yet.