Thread: Boot off SD card with rooted Nook Tablet

Boot off SD card with rooted Nook Tablet

can I take the system on the EMMC and take it the same on the SD card and boot from the SD with root and simply leaving the internal system stock? This particular tablet Nook Tablet with the root is seems to turning off an SD is seems to be suffice for me. Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours on this particular matter. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Boot off SD card with rooted Nook Tablet

Looking at the situation which you have stated over here I wanted to whether I can modify the SD card after the root off the SD? Or it will need to rooted before the copying from the system? Also tell me how you will be able to manage the exact image of the SD card? How will you force if you boot off the SD rather than that of the local image? Answer the above mentioned questions as early as possible.

We are aware of the thing is that is this particular tablet Nook Tablet is efuse locked and it supposed to be bootloaders signed. I wanted to tell you that you will be able to do boot signed bootloaders, kernels and ramdisks from the MicroSD. You should not buy the same if you are looking to do get some real development to happening. The only possible way is to going through the kexec and there will be lots of trouble to go through by considering all the other tablet options available.

I wanted to tell you that the USB boot is enabled as it seems to be SD boot. You will be able to boot from the microSD if I format the same from the Nook Color and copy the same the MLO, u-boot, and boot.img renamed to the factory-boot.img. you will have the serial port inside which will allow you to do the u-boot console and the shell after the OS boots.
    You should know that x-loader is signed. Well known x-loader on the microsd will not execute at all and the next time into the boot list will be checked. Same as X- loader, u-boot is signed why I am saying because the u-boot from the Pandaboard should be close enough to boot causes x-loader will take the code path where the ecure ROM call with the pointer to image returns nonzero.

Kernel as well as ramdisk are signed individually into the boot.img.

KF and NC versions is having the 300 bytes into the NT version with the some of the unknown junk. Well I am assuming that it is signature and it is called secure ROM returns to the image pointer and it is passed by the reference and there should be size of the header on the device of yours.

If I am not wrong there is need of the combination of the keypress while the thing is powers on in the game. I am sure about that thing that is manufacturer of the device has been done some kind of the backdoor into boot off SD mode. I am sure that it will be help me out the grab the Nook Tablets and simply reformat the onboard pace/memory. This particular thing is already done with Nook Color also.

Well I agree with the thing which you have posted over here. Well I am wondering that the issue is no associated with the blindly skipping the SD card but it is not signed image on the SD card. If that is the situation the manufacture of the device should provide the SD cards which are properly signed. Lets hope they will provide the same as early as possible.

If they are supposed to need the signed images so that we can boot from the SD card then I am sure that there would be different method to change bootloader. We know that most of the phone did not seems to boot through the SD card and hence there is possibility to change the bootloaders.
    Personally I don’t think so there developer of the device will not provide the support to crack the bootloader issue. There are lots of low cost devices out there and the developer of the device need to pick sides.

Well I agree with you that is Nook Tablet is seems to be effuse locked which means that we will be able to get the boot signed bootloaders from microSD. You should download swetland's OMAP4 USB boot tool under of Linux. You should connect the device of yours to the USB port of the computer and shut down the device. Finally run the command as a root and see whether it is working or not.