Thread: How to unlock the bootloader of Nook Tablet?

How to unlock the bootloader of Nook Tablet?

Well as the title of this particular thread is saying what I wanted to ask you over here. I am having Nook Tablet and I am looking to unlock the bootloader of this particular device. Well I let me know if you are having any specific solution to get the requirement of mine on this particular matter. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to unlock the bootloader of Nook Tablet?

I was really happy with Nook Color. Now I wanted to love Nook Tablet but I cannot do the same. since it seems to be hostile for me. Well you have locked down and due to which I am not able to perform cool things on the tablet of mine. So according to me there is great need to unlock the device and I am hoping that the there will be some action from the manufacturer end on this particular matter.

I have come to know about that there is nothing like fastboot on the Tablet or there is no similar command to get the requirement of the same. there are people who are sending the command to the fastbooted so that it is giving existence or nonexistence of the adb early. Well you have to take care of thing that is fastboot will need to reach the device once you get into that particular mode.
    We know that tablet are having support for the full recovery to stock through the format, system and Data and completely clean install. It is not using the semi recovery which can be used by the Android devices.

Well the value of the options flags can be dug out through the device manager.
    First of all you should get the device into fastboot mode.
    Second thing you should also get the set of the drivers which can be seen into the fastboot mode.

Following are the command which will be helpful to get the requirement of yours.
    Code:
    usage: fastboot [ <option> ] <command>

commands:
    update <filename> reflash device from update.zip
    flashall flash boot + recovery + system
    flash <partition> [ <filename> ] write a file to a flash partition
    erase <partition> erase a flash partition
    getvar <variable> display a bootloader variable
    boot <kernel> [ <ramdisk> ] download and boot kernel
    flash:raw boot <kernel> [ <ramdisk> ] create bootimage and flash it
    devices list all connected devices
    reboot reboot device normally
    reboot-bootloader reboot device into bootloader
    I hope it will be useful to you.

We are aware of the thing that is NookColor is quite popular since it was easily recoverable and customizable. Due to above mentioned reason I have bought NookColor. However in NT you will have locking Bluetooth which will allow 1gb of 16gb which can be used for the personal data and locking of the bootloader.

So far none of us have seen whether there is fastboot or not. You will not be able to flash the kernel which is not signed by B&N without bricking the device.
    If the processor is not locked and you will not require to do fastboot. OMAP4430 can directly boot off through the USB. I have also found the USB booting is enabled and it is in the working condition. However if you are trying to boot an unsigned image the boot process will definitely fail and the CPU will go into the next boot peripheral on list.

In this particular situation I am suggesting that you should contact the device manufacturer and ask for the further assistance on this particular matter and I am hoping that they will give you the brief idea on this particular matter.