Thread: Email setup not working in BlackBerry Bold 9790 running OS 6 bundle 1659

Email setup not working in BlackBerry Bold 9790 running OS 6 bundle 1659

HI, I am using BlackBerry Bold 9790, and when I tried to make use of Email setup I came to know that an update is available. So I just selected that option for the latest update but at the mid of the process it just stuck and started causing problem with the original application as well. at the present while I start the email setup, I acquire to the choice of internet email or enterprise account, and while I choose internet email, nothing happens. Any suggestion what could be the problem with the phone? Thanks in advanced.

Re: Email setup not working in BlackBerry Bold 9790 running OS 6 bundle 1659

see I would say the email setup you are trying to install in your phone must have been corrupted and thus for that you should try to clear all the cache from the device and see what they are saying for the same. After that you can have another option as well, like you should try to register your phone on the network and resend your service books through the application to your phone.

It might be possible as there could be some problem with the firmware that you are using in the phone, because as the extent to I know the email setup won’t get corrupted until and unless something goes wrong and It used to keep the original copies as well, so that until you have gotten the whole updated file the original won’t be affected.

Thus, I would like to recommend you that you should try to reinstall the firmware in the phone and see what’s happening? Because I think this will simply wiped out all the incorrect rather corrupted cache from the phone and you’ll be able to through the Email setup once again with the phone.

You can have another option as well, like you can simply delete the application from the mobile and reload that with the desktop manager in the phone, once I was having same problem and after doing this each and everything were working perfectly again.

Well, I would say the email setup you are trying to install in your phone must have been corrupted and thus for that you should try to clear all the cache from the device and see what they are saying for the same. After that you can have another option as well, like you should try to register your phone on the network and resend your service books through the application to your phone.
    Will you please let me know how do I register the device and resend the service books to my BB device?

You can have another option as well, like you can simply delete the application from the mobile and reload that with the desktop manager in the phone, once I was having same problem and after doing this each and everything were working perfectly again.
    And please you also let me know how do I reload the application again in the phone?

though I am agree with the above user but still I don’t think firmware resetting will help you anyways thus I think it would be better if you reinstall the firmware. Once again I don’t think it would be worth updating the entire firmware just for sake of an Email client, as you can have so many other clients that you can install in your phone.

I would like to make you aware how you can register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network, you just need to simply follow the steps mentioned below.

• On the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone open Device >> Advanced System Settings >> Host Routing Table

• Press the Menu key and click Register Now.

• A BlackBerry Registration message should appear in the Messages folder when the device registers.

To send service books using the email setup application on the BlackBerry smartphone :

• On the BlackBerry Smartphone Home screen, click the Email Settings icon.

• If prompted, type the username and password, and then click Log In.

• On the main screen, you have to click Help and simply Click Send Service Books.

• Click OK in the confirmation window.

I am not sure exactly about reloading the application but would like to recommend you that you should try to visit the LINK I have mentioned so that you can have idea about reloading the application in your smartphone.