Thread: HP Pavilion dv7 with HD 6770M 2GB is giving low performance even after having latest drivers and bios..

HP Pavilion dv7 with HD 6770M 2GB is giving low performance even after having latest drivers and bios..

I have been using hp laptops from a long time and I have found that it goes better and better but now I am not feeling the same with the HP Pavilion dv7.I don’t know even after having HD 6770M 2GB and also having the latest drivers as well it is giving a horrible performance. Is there anyone who has faced the same? Any suggestion shared for this will be appreciated.

Re: HP Pavilion dv7 with HD 6770M 2GB is giving low performance even after having latest drivers and bios..

I have been facing the same and I am really disappointed as well actually I am a game freak and I have been playing games like FSX and Arma2 but with this laptop I have found that it is giving me a very low fps even though the games do not use openGl and they run direct x. I have also tried to change the game settings from too low..Too high..Too ultra but then no matter which combination I am using I am always getting poor performance and low fps from it. I have also updated the BIOS to F.1Aands have also enabled the FIXED graphics mode as well and other than that I have also made sure that I am having the latest HP supplied AMD HD graphics drivers but I don’t think that they are actually making any difference and now I am really regretting on my decision of buying it.

Re: HP Pavilion dv7 with HD 6770M 2GB is giving low performance even after having latest drivers and bios..

I will like to share that it almost took me more than 36 hours to download the below latest driver but even after downloading it I am getting the same horrible performance:
    Driver Packaging Version 8.83.6.3-110507a-119506C-HP
    Provider ATI Technologies Inc.
    2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1134
    2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0001
    Direct3D Version 7.14.10.0817
    OpenGL Version 6.14.10.10600
    Catalyst Control Center Version 2011.0508.224.2391

Hey guys just try to run this software hwmonitor and the just let me know that which video card you are having. I am not sure if it is the same problem with the product but then I think that I can help you out to increase the performance of it to some extent. Just check it out and post it here for further help

Hey guys just try to run this software hwmonitor and the just let me know that which video card you are having. I am not sure if it is the same problem with the product but then I think that I can help you out to increase the performance of it to some extent. Just check it out and post it here for further help

I have run the software and I have found that Radeon (TM) HD 6770 is listed and there is also some temps and voltages mentioned, I am not getting much from it but then I really want to know that how will I be able to increase the performance of it? Are there any settings that I will have to change? Or some software that I will have to install? Any further help will be appreciated.

I think that you will have to update you direct x and you can do the same from here. Just try it out and see if it is making any difference and then let me know if you do.

I forgot to mention that because I have tried a no of solutions and I don’t even remember how many, actually I have already installed the direct x update as well and I had made sure that I reboot the machine after installing it but then it is making no such difference where I can say that the performance has been improved and now I will also like to add that after updating the graphics driver I am now having anti-aliasing problem with java as well because of which the text is also getting blurry and it is really appearing to be weird.

I forgot to mention that because I have tried a no of solutions and I don’t even remember how many, actually I have already installed the direct x update as well and I had made sure that I reboot the machine after installing it but then it is making no such difference where I can say that the performance has been improved and now I will also like to add that after updating the graphics driver I am now having anti-aliasing problem with java as well because of which the text is also getting blurry and it is really appearing to be weird.
    Hey I was facing the same but then I think that I can help you here because I was facing the same problem and I was able to solve it out by un-checking the boxes for all the features in CCC and after that turning AA back to "use application settings" and after that I was not having the same problem while running any java app so of you want you can try out the same but then I don’t know whether we will find a solution to improve the performance of the laptops.

Your problem seems to be weird because I have searched for the same and I have found that there are very few people who are facing this problem but some of them had mentioned that after updating the direct x they were able to solve it out where as some people having cases like you are still having the same problem. Can you just try to install this and make a 32d test and then post the result here so I can find a better solution for this problem?

I have run the test and this is what I have found:
    3D Graphics Mark
    This Computer 1227.5
    Graphics 3D - Simple
    This Computer 1659.9
    Graphics 3D - Medium
    This Computer 485.5
    Graphics 3D - Complex
    This Computer 69.9
    Graphics 3D - DirectX 10
    This Computer 16.8

Is there any other thing that I can try out??

I am getting this:
    3D Graphics Mark
    This Computer 1211.9
    Graphics 3D - Simple
    This Computer 1665.9
    Graphics 3D - Medium
    This Computer 464.5
    Graphics 3D - Complex
    This Computer 67.6
    Graphics 3D - DirectX 10
    This Computer 16.9

I don’t know why it is not making much difference in your case, I had really expected more than what you both have specified. Just check if it is making difference with the games that you play, I mean if you are getting better fps after trying this or not?