Thread: iPhone 4 camera autofocus not working properly after upgrading to ios 5

iPhone 4 camera autofocus not working properly after upgrading to ios 5

I just upgraded my iPhone ios 4 to 5 and now I noticed that the autofocus camera is severely retarded and constantly seeking attention. I compared it next to iPhone 4 my son that I did not upgrade to iOS 5 and there is a clear difference in speed, both taking pictures and video when focusing. No one seeing this? Apple, can you resolve this difficulty, as it is now impossible to take a quick picture of my children, because of the constant attempts to approach.

Re: iPhone 4 camera autofocus not working properly after upgrading to ios 5

Hello, it is worth, I have the identical troubles in my iPhone4 from the update. Autofocus has a notable lag in almost any application of the camera that I care to use. Judging by the number of responses and the lack of jobs in other parts I would suggest that there is a trouble experienced by many others. I could do a restore, maybe it does work. .

Maybe others have not noticed yet, but I think it's particularly bad on my iPhone 4 in all video applications I installed, including those incorporated in the camera application. There was no trouble until I upgraded to IOS 5, at first I thought that if I'm using might have caused the trouble, but I took off and there was no difference at all, whenever I move or move the camera, but Slowly, the lens loses focus and then briefly 'hunting' to return to find all the videos are in ruins!

Same trouble. The camera of my iPhone 4 has stopped running IOS5 focus. It's not just unhurried –out of focus at all. Has anybody heard of an explanation?

This helps with focusing troubles in a video , for example, and what they do is keep a finger in the center of the screen for a couple of seconds and the focus (and exposure) is fixed at that point. The focus lock must be confirmed by a message at the bottom screen and now can be recorded without the risk of 'hunting' of the focusing lens. You, of course, have to ensure that the main issue lies in the focus point has been established. The same technique is also can be used with the camera - I agree it's a bit of a "violin", but at least ensures that the vaccines will not fade in and out of focus - Hope this helps until Apple realizes the trouble and corrected in a future update.

I have this trouble too, the camera will not focus back farther than about 12 cm from the subject since I updated to IOS 5. This is an iPhone 4 cam that has worked well before. Any explanation will be really esteemed - I am having full use of the camera's high definition!

I'm having the same trouble and my working theory is that they may have overlooked the dissimilar hardware for the cameras in the iPhone 4 vs. iPhone 4S and merely wrote one blanket code for both cameras, even though they are technically very different. It makes my camera almost not viable, especially in lower light conditions that used to be completely ok. Extremely unsatisfactory. I am hopeful that this will be fixed ASAP.

I realized this today as well and was very upset as I use the camera at work for several reasons. I decided to reverse the camera and was seeing if you focus on my face while I was trying to see weird and akward, I know. In any case, once you turn the camera back to normal mode, the focus was working properly and it was getting the first shots I needed to work with the right approach. Attempt that, hopefully it will work for you too.

I am also facing the same trouble from IOS 5.0 update. I've by no means faced before. The camera, while it is recording video, loses focus infrequently leading to intermittently blurry video. This is extremely annoying for the reason that the whole video is kind of useless because of this. What I am astonished; nevertheless that is why this trouble has not been reported in a larger number yet.

All I can, t believe this, I never would have brought the phone if I knew that the update is useless for any the complete beginner then another use. I've done everything to make this work because he upgrades to IOS5 the "bottom line" crap quality. Has anyone enlarged the image and looked at the quality? If you take a look and see that it is unusable.

I'm sick, I make use of the phone exclusively for photographic applications and I have spent a luck on hardware applications precise photo and I am a beta tester GoPano and I would never had invested in the iPhone. If Apple cannot acquire a fundamental thing as the focus of the camera just after an upgrade then you do not want the phone. It is ineffective to me.

Can anybody tell me how to turn my phone to iOS4? It worked then, is not huge, nevertheless it worked, and it seems that when upgrading your system irreversible op.

Hope this helps. This was a big trouble for me, and I booked appointment to get the trouble solved. My trouble was when I took the simple zoom adjustment - ACCESSIBILITY. I never thought of it as the zoom turns when playing with three fingers, nevertheless what was happening was when the camera zoomed in and you hit that showed an image out of focus blur.