Thread: Direct Connect does not works all the time in Motorola admiral

Direct Connect does not works all the time in Motorola admiral

Hello friends, I had this happen several times. Activity in a roaming area, back in a Sprint service area and try to use the DC. It does not work. The notification Sign displays a walkie talkie with a circle and bar through it. I try to make a call on the DC and I get this message "please wait DC set-up before attempting to complete a call DC". A few seconds later ... "Unable to DC service." My service status is 3 bars and 3G; I waited for an hour and a half before turning the phone off then on again. DC began to work again. All of my DC setup is configured correctly. Do not do this all the time. Has anyone had this problem?

Re: Direct Connect does not works all the time in Motorola admiral

Yes, I've noticed a few times, both on my phone and my brothers that the DC will leave and not come back by itself without rebooting. This is just one of many errors of this device, which was clearly not ready to be released to the public and hope that a software update will be released soon to correct some of these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by RodCam View Post
    Hello friends, I had this happen several times. Activity in a roaming area, back in a Sprint service area and try to use the DC. It does not work. The notification Sign displays a walkie talkie with a circle and bar through it. I try to make a call on the DC and I get this message "please wait DC set-up before attempting to complete a call DC". A few seconds later ... "Unable to DC service." My service status is 3 bars and 3G; I waited for an hour and a half before turning the phone off then on again. DC began to work again. All of my DC setup is configured correctly. Do not do this all the time. Has anyone had this problem?
    After that you get it then you might happen to try to put the phone in "airplane mode" for a few seconds and return to "airplane mode" off. This will allow the phone to update your cell phone signal without turning off the phone and back. Also, as you mentioned in itinerancy, also, try going to bookmark and check "* 18" (without the quotes) this will make your phone connect to the nearest cell tower Sprint. I just want to try to fix this so the Moto team has a better idea of what is happening here.

Our Sprint representative said that the DC in the Admiral will not work while roaming until they flip the switch in January. After then, DC to work in a wider area in the network is IDEN. That is good news for users of Admiral.

We had a different problem at work today, my brother was in childbirth, and returned and DC would not work ... The line icon was not present, and gave no message, just do nothing when you press the button, so we tried to go to airplane mode and back and corrected. It was strange that seemed to be working, but would do nothing.

Put your phone in airplane mode and take it back will force you to upgrade its cellular network connection. Is it possible that his brother went through or closes enough to a roaming area that could have, because this issue was not corrected then? The next time this happens try going to bookmark and dial * 18, which will force your phone to connect to the nearest tower. Just trying to rule things and Moto give as much information as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke Uchiha View Post
    Our Sprint representative said that the DC in the Admiral will not work while roaming until they flip the switch in January. After then, DC to work in a wider area in the network is IDEN. That is good news for users of Admiral.
    Expect that helps in our circumstances. We staye in a mobile home with aluminum siding and while Nextel reception was not the best, has been even worse since we moved to DC with Admiral Sprint two days ago. Most of the time the function of DC is not even working for me at home. We had some cloudy days, storm yesterday and did not work at all - worked well for my husband while he was working in the city though. Today it is clear and sunny and is working from time to time. We have been thinking about getting an Airave but maybe if we can expect is not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjan1990 View Post
    Expect that helps in our circumstances. We staye in a mobile home with aluminum siding and while Nextel reception was not the best, has been even worse since we moved to DC with Admiral Sprint two days ago. Most of the time the function of DC is not even working for me at home. We had some cloudy days, storm yesterday and did not work at all - worked well for my husband while he was working in the city though. Today it is clear and sunny and is working from time to time. We have been thinking about getting an Airave but maybe if we can expect is not necessary.
    Several years ago Sprint coverage around my house deteriorated to the point that there was a lot of dropped calls. I complained to Sprint and to my surprise they provide a free Airave with my family. I think this was a very smart move by Sprint. It is the "cost" them. $ 5 per month (which was announced for the device, and pay the total amount on the same bill every month), but I've been with them ever since Now I have 8 lines of service on my account, and I'm paying more than $ 5 a month! Indeed, Sprint sometime improved service in our area, and I no longer use the Airave, but with the device that helped a lot when we need it!

There have been many cases in the QChat box has no red X on it and when I use DC does nothing, goes to the screen DC and acts like it will, but does nothing. When this happens a reboot is all arranged no airplane mode or update the profile. I have to reboot my phone at least 3 times a day for this cause. Also going from wandering into the area of 3G, which has taken up to an hour to recover the QChat service. This device is suitable for your phone, but QChat ... needs lots of attention.

I wanted to clarify that the Direct Connect wants CDMA EVDO Rev-A signal to work due to the QOS necessities for instant setup and response time. It will not work in 1X EVDO coverage at this time and will not work when roaming. As mentioned several times that we are working to expand coverage to areas 1X in 2012 and is looking at how we can extend to the areas of roaming and if nothing has been announced yet. You can check coverage over here.

Select the 'Direct Connection' and select 'Sprint' instead of Nextel and enter an address to see where they should be covered. I'm worried about the experience when moving from CDMA Sprint EVDO Rev-A EVDO Sprint 1X (lost CD) and back from 1X to REV-A (if re-acquire DC) and the movement of Sprint CDMA EVDO Rev- A to roaming (lost DC) and Sprint roaming around CDMA EVDO Rev-A. (If re-acquire DC) These are the details that I follow. As I said, DC when Sprint 1X purpose of the coverage or roaming is not supported at this time although they are working to dramatically expand coverage next year.

Thank you for the reply and also it is really helpful to me; I will also try what you have told me to do. If am getting the problem then I would come back and ask you.