Thread: Trouble with E-mail on MOTOROLA ADMIRAL

sad Trouble with E-mail on MOTOROLA ADMIRAL

Bought recently my new MOTOROLA ADMIRAL really nice phone and great features but I have one issue the problem is I can only receive emails every 15 minutes? Why not automatically, as with my old blackberry? This is a problem for a business owner, like me, and first responders who receive emails from 911 call centers. I wish the sales people at the Sprint store told us, you may of just stayed with the BlackBerry Connect directly. I hope Motorola solves this problem.

Re: Trouble with E-mail on MOTOROLA ADMIRAL

I understand that would be really annoying but can you tell me what e mail are you using like yahoo or Gmail which? That would be really important to give something as a solution

OR ELSE

Are you making use of some kind of stock email app please inform me this

Thanks,

I am using an msn.com email, I just spoke by phone after the first sprint motorola. Motorola said it had no idea this was happening, I was up to level 2. They said I cannot guarantee anything, but that would look into this because this could be a serious problem. I followed the configuration instructions in the new phone.I presume so, it was in the setup

If you see into the setting just go to the accounts over there tell me if you able to see your Msn account by means of an icon that appear similar to a postage stamp with a "@" in the center of it?

I'll help you the greatest I can, just require a few more information.

Yes I am able to see that the icon thing you are talking concerning similar to a postage stamp with a "@" in the middle of it?

I just created my e-mail account.MSN , Live and Hotmail are all pop3 email messages. This type of email services are not compatible with "push mail". If you open your email application to the application tray, then press the menu button four small squares at the left of the home button , select Email Settings -> E-mail delivery - > insert data, you will see that such accounts are not compatible with "push mail". I know yuou said his BlackBerry would do this, but I wonder if BB just created to poll the servers every 10-15 minutes? There are a couple of things you can do here:

1. Forward your MSN account to your Gmail account. Gmail supports "push mail". This is what I do with my Live account.
    2. I'm not 100% sure, but you can do some internet search on MSN settings as IMAP account. But as I said, I'm not even sure if you can do this, or if it would be reliable.
    3. There is an application in the Android Market Hotmail which was released by Microsoft that will allow more of the shares features Android app. Not sure about how the application works with surveys, or mail push.
    4. There is also an application called K-9 Mail is also in the Android market. A lot of people like him, I've never used, and once again, I'm not sure how this application is responsible for the vote, or mail push.

Hope this helps.

I had no idea about forwarding e-mail! I wonder if that would work, I'll try anything at this moment bike and had no idea and neither did the seller! Blackberry has push supporting data on their phones, I asked that question. Thank you very much for trying to help, I hope bike comes with an update for this issue of the owners and Admiral have their mail faster than every 15 minutes! Thanks again!

however not really a issue of Moto, so you know. It is a problem the POP3 server. The POP3 server does not allow the sending of data. If you log into Gmail account online, it's easy to forward you to your MSN account from Gmail. And this is also good because it's a Gmail application that is on your phone, so no other applications to install. I'll be around if you have any questions.

I am ring now downloading Hotmail app for my Motorola handset I hop this will work on it kept my figure crossed

I just downloaded a Hotmail app. I hope that works!

One must, of course, choose the application that works best for your requirements.

Just so you know, however, the Android operating system designed by Google and therefore is Gmail. They are supported natively and require fewer adjustments or work arounds. One of the beauties of having a phone with Android

Please let us know if the change to the application of Hotmail works for you

So I presume Hotmail app has worked for me so happy now, I will pass this on to my other first responders so that our 911 county calls come in just a snap! Thanks for all your help!