Thread: Keyboard light does not work in MacBook pro with Mac OS X lion

Keyboard light does not work in MacBook pro with Mac OS X lion

The keyboard light does not work when in the dark, nevertheless the screen will darken. When training camp in windows it works extremely well had been to the keyboard preferences and not their box not illuminating the keyboard.

Re: Keyboard light does not work in MacBook pro with Mac OS X lion

Quote Originally Posted by Patcy View Post
    The keyboard light does not work when in the dark, nevertheless the screen will darken. When training camp in windows it works extremely well had been to the keyboard preferences and not their box not illuminating the keyboard.
    Even with this display, there is no way to turn off the backlit keyboard in an older MacBook pro only makes it harder to observe the keys on the daytime. I estimate this will be a solution 10.7.1, with any luck.

My friend is having the identical trouble. The two downloaded Mac OS X Lion but backlight is not working. You will be capable only observe the top of the preferences screen keyboard, while I have the alternative to illuminate your keyboard automatically in low light. Is there anything I will be capable to do before an authorized update of Lion?

Similar trouble here, except you will be capable to observe the keypad display preferences as is above and without any configuration will turn the light in the darkness.

Identical trouble, the keyboard backlight does not revolve on the MacBook Pro display ,Preferences OK, and when you push F5 or F6, the type is put on view (as with the volume keys).

(Also a not obligatory IR remote peer MacBook Pro seems to have gone.)

I have the identical trouble - the keyboard backlight does not work at all, and only observe the top half of the preferences display keyboard shown above. Pressing F5 or F6 has no consequence, and shows no boost or decrease brightness image on the display overlay.

I am new to Apple Support in general, should my experience (or add to an existing report) somewhere with the details of my system? If so, can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond! View Post
    I have the identical trouble - the keyboard backlight does not work at all, and only observe the top half of the preferences display keyboard shown above. Pressing F5 or F6 has no consequence, and shows no boost or decrease brightness image on the display overlay.

I am new to Apple Support in general, should my experience (or add to an existing report) somewhere with the details of my system? If so, can someone point me in the right direction, please?
    Have you tried or interference in lighting up the keys. After doing this a few times, my keyboard light finally settled down, and now remains off when I want it at any time using the keyboard illum keys

I have the identical trouble. No backlight after updating the Lion. F5 and 6 keys do nothing and a keyboard preference for illumination systems is misplaced in the Preferences.

Call Apple. I had to reset the SMC, reinstall Lion, and do a clean install of Lion. None of which worked. I have merely a hardly any days on my assurance so I'm taking a "brilliance" to rule out a hardware trouble (pretty confident it's a mistake Lion requires an upgrade).

I thought the Lab Tick utility allowed me to modify my keyboard backlight on the Mac OS X Lion. Attempt this utility: Lab Tick - Introduction of control.

This is not an explanation, nevertheless at least allowed me to work in low light once more. Hope this helps somebody else.

This trouble started occurring to me after software update last week. I’ve been all the way through the steps with an apple care representative, including:

• Parameter-Reset
    • SMC reset
    • Time Machine restores point and 30 days before
    • Re install Mac OS X Lion

They have not had any success. Lab tick solution has been the only semi, but F5 and F6 are still unanswered. Software is definitely not the accurate hardware acknowledgment. Any other suggestions at this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat$ View Post
    This trouble started occurring to me after software update last week. I’ve been all the way through the steps with an apple care representative, including:

• Parameter-Reset
    • SMC reset
    • Time Machine restores point and 30 days before
    • Re install Mac OS X Lion

They have not had any success. Lab tick solution has been the only semi, but F5 and F6 are still unanswered. Software is definitely not the accurate hardware acknowledgment. Any other suggestions at this time?
    Apple will fix it merely if it affects sufficient people, so I hope that if everybody on this subject makes a formal report, then join the force.