Thread: Poor battery life of Nokia e51

Poor battery life of Nokia e51

I have this phone and from past few days I have been experiencing some battery problems with the Nokia e51. Now what do you all think what can be the problem. The normal talk time battery life of this phone is around 6-8 hours and now it does not last upto 3 hours as well. Now what do you all think what can be the problem here. please post me some solutions for the said problem. I am waiting for the necessary reply from you all.

Re: Poor battery life of Nokia e51

If you are making use of 3G and also the applications then it is but obvious that the battery life will remain the same as the age of the phone progresses the battery life also decreases, that’s what the problem is with the phone. So that’s what I want to say here. I hope you did understand what I am saying here that’s it from my side for you all.

Do have a good look at the same.

I just want to know is it possible to use some regular connection instead of the 3Gconenction? What do you all have to say about the same. can you please reply something for the same then that would eb better. See we all know that EDGE does uses less battery power then the 3G. so what is the way in which I can use only EDGE and not 3G?

What question are you asking just call up the service provider and tell them to deactioavte the 3G connection that’s what you should be doing. I hope you did understand what I am saying here that’s it from my side for you all.

As far as I know e51 has an impressive battery line much better than the N95 as well. I use my phone a lot number of times for texting as well as the calls and it has never given me any kind of problem at all. So you can definitely truest the battery of this phone and also getting a 4 hours of talk time for the battery life is absolutely ok. That’s what I feel here.

Constantly moving of the network from 2G to 3 will cause the battery to drain a lot more. So it is always better to avoid it, that’s what I feel here. Instead go to the network settings and then disable the 3G from there, so that’s what you should be doing. I hope it is pretty much clear for you as of what I have said here. that’s what I want to say here.

In case if there is any other problem that is related with the phone then please do feel free to ask here about the same. I will try and answer it out for you.

In case if you think that the battery life has gone down considerably then it would be better for you to show it to the nokia priority for the solutions that would be better option for you. What say? So do go ahead with the said solution from my side and it will be beneficial for you.

I hope you did understand what I have said here that’s it from my side for you.

For me nokia has never given any kind of problsm especially with the batter and hence I would say that there should not be any problems related to the battery. If you feel that battery’s value has been reduced considerably then I would say that get a firmware upgrade done from the nokia’s website and that would be a better thing for you.

I hope this was enough for you.

Ok, I did understand what you all have said here, thanks a ton for the solution. I am switching off the 3G from my phone which I think would be the main culprit for eating the battery.