Thread: Is it possible to use BBM on Android Mobile Access Point?

Is it possible to use BBM on Android Mobile Access Point?

I am right now having a blackberry torch phone what I am planning to do is switch to the android phone, so that’s what I am planning to do. Now the thing is that I don’t want to miss the bbm feature which is there in the blackberry phone and hence I want to know from you as if what can be done with this. I mean will I be able to use the BBM feature with the Android Mobile Access Point, this is what I want to know from you. So better it would be if you can give me some replies on the same that’s what I am saying here.

So people please give me some appropriate replies for the same. That’s it from my side for you all.

Re: Is it possible to use BBM on Android Mobile Access Point?

Quote Originally Posted by Farhat$ View Post
    I am right now having a blackberry torch phone what I am planning to do is switch to the android phone, so that’s what I am planning to do. Now the thing is that I don’t want to miss the bbm feature which is there in the blackberry phone and hence I want to know from you as if what can be done with this. I mean will I be able to use the BBM feature with the Android Mobile Access Point, this is what I want to know from you. So better it would be if you can give me some replies on the same that’s what I am saying here.

So people please give me some appropriate replies for the same. That’s it from my side for you all.
    No you cannot do that at all, that’s what I am saying here. In order to access the blackberry services such as BB you should be subscribed to the BB data plan and a connection to RIM as well then only you would be able to access any of their services otherwise I don’t think so you would be able to do access it that’s what I feel here. so hope you did understand what I have said here.

That’s what I am saying here.

Well I have a blackberry data plan. Don’t you think its enough for the same that’s what I am saying here. So please do give me some responses for the same. I am waiting for the necessary help from you all on the same. so do start replying on the same.

I know but you will not be having an active Blackberry Data Plan once you switch to the android that’s what I am saying here. so don’t give any excuses saying that you are subscribed to the bb data plan that’s what I want to say here and you cannot subscribe to the blackberry data plan using the android device, that’s what I want to say here.

I don’t think so there would be any problem if you are switching to the BIS/BES services using the android devices that’s what I want to say here. I don’t think so there would be any problem with the Android device gaining an hotspot access with the same. so that’s what I want to say here. I hope you did understand what I have said here that’s it from my side for you all.

I don’t think so that will ever be possible at all, so that’s what I want to say here. See BB must have a SIM, with a registered BB data plan. Now you are saying that to access the BB service for that you will be requiring to remove the sim card and that will initiate the phone that you are going for the hard reset. So it will restore all the settings to the factory reset mode. Now it will not work at all if you are trying to access it with the android. So you will not be able to do that at all, that’s it from my side for you. I hope you did understand what I am saying here that’s it from my side for you all.

If you can try changing the sim card without removing the battery then you can try with the said method that has been given to you above with the help of wifi, so that’s what I want to say here. I hope you did understand what I am saying here. so do carry out with the said suggestion from my side. Hope it was of good help for you.

I don’t think so RIM would be planning to allow rim to use their service at all, as such android has occupied a lot of space in their market by the introduction of the android hones and now they wont be risking anything by allowing them to make use of the BBM as well. Since bbm is the only thing that is popular with the blackberry users, that’s what I want to say here.

I absolutely agree with what you all have said here that’s what I want to say here. I mean whatever you have said here is absolutely correct and I must trust you on this but all I can say is that I have not tried with the real experimentation of that but I will surely try with the same.