Thread: Webcam icon is missing from HP Media Smart

Webcam icon is missing from HP Media Smart

I have installed windows 7 recently and the problem that I have started facing is that I am not able to access the webcam via HP SmartMedia because it is not listed there but I have found that the software is listed in my laptop and the webcam is also listed in the device manager and I am able to use it as well when I use Skype. I want to use it via HP SmartMedia so is there a way to do so. Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.

Re: Webcam icon is missing from HP Media Smart

I have installed windows 7 recently and the problem that I have started facing is that I am not able to access the webcam via HP SmartMedia because it is not listed there but I have found that the software is listed in my laptop and the webcam is also listed in the device manager and I am able to use it as well when I use Skype. I want to use it via HP SmartMedia so is there a way to do so. Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.
    Before I suggest you something I just wanted to know if the Windows Media Center is working or not and if it is working then you can try to uninstall and then reinstall the HP Media Smart software and after that see if it is making any difference and if not then let me know so I can help you with further solution.

Before I suggest you something I just wanted to know if the Windows Media Center is working or not and if it is working then you can try to uninstall and then reinstall the HP Media Smart software and after that see if it is making any difference and if not then let me know so I can help you with further solution.
    Yes the media centre is working previously actually I have tri3ed uninstalling and then reinstalling the HP Smartmedia Video\photo\dvd and I have done the same several time as well but the icon still stays missing. I mean that now the Media Centre says that the “Files needed to display video are not installed or working correctly” other than that I have also found that the Smart media icon on the desktop has stopped working .Is there any other solution that I can try out?

Ok just try and see if you are able to play video with Windows Media Player and if not then provide me the following details so I can check for the problem and then try to help you with a solution for the same:
    • Model?
    • graphics chip?
    • Operating system?

Should I try to uninstall the webcam and smart button software and then reinstall it again? I really need a effective solution to access the webcam as well as get the Smartmedia button working again. Any Further help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    • PC Model: HP Touchsmart tx2 1015ea
    • ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics
    • Win 7 32 bit