Thread: HTC titan having grip of death

HTC titan having grip of death

Hi guys i got the phone i have mentioned in the title and really i am not getting whether there could be some problem with the phone or what but still whenever i hold the phone in my hand it just suffers badly from the grip of death, is there anybody over here having same problem with their phone? please let me know what could be the possible solution for the same? any suggestion will be surely esteemed.

Re: HTC titan having grip of death

you mean to say whenever you take the phone in your hand and the signal went completely off in the phone? :o

you mean to say whenever you take the phone in your hand and the signal went completely off in the phone? :o
    Exactly, as really this thing reminds of me Apple's response to the grip of death on the iPhone 4.

i don’t think this could be some problem with the phone rather you are holding it incorrectly. Actually all phones do it if you hold it in a weird way. Because i am also about to have the phone after some days but still hoping it's just an problem with your meticulous handset rather than the whole batch.

In fact another thing is like i haven’t ever heard about any such problem with any other mobile ever yet, don’t know what could be the problem with your phone, but still it might be possible that there could be some problem with the network operator that you are using in your phone, because see i have tested the same thing with the Tmobile sim i get the similar results but not as terrible as Vodafone UK. Have you ever tried putting another SIM card in your phone? you should try to put that once and see whats happening.

shrinking? Yes. All of HTC's phones undergo fairly a morsel from it.

not anything latest to observe here. anybody who keeps up with this forum knows that HTC phones have terrible reduction and their phones be inclined to acquire weaker cell signal on the identical carrier even compared to other phones that make use of alike or identical internals as WP7 launch devices did - try an HD7S and a Focus, the Focus is stronger. See if i would rate the phone brands according to their good services then it could be like this.

Motorola > Nokia > RIM > Samsung > HTC for good cell signal quality and strength. I'm approximately influenced it must be something to perform with how they design their devices.

Mine isn't so awful, I just received it yesterday and as the radio on it doesn't hammer out the focus it works fine I'm not excessively daunted with the allegedly considerably better battery life though.

The grip of death come into view to simply as a problem, though, while the antenna is placed so that a user is probably to put their thumb over it. while the antenna is not straightly thwarted, even whilst the thumb was close by, call quality was significantly better, Thus, although some distance of thumb from antenna is wanted, it does not have to be actually extremely huge. There was no revival in the electrical performance of the antenna … its transmitting/receiving characteristics were not come back to their hands free state.

i would like to recommend you that you should at least try to visit the service center as well once and see what they are saying about the same, and after seeing the above comments it seems as there could be some problem with your phone only rather than the whole batch. Thus it might be possible that you may get any replacement for the same if they found any problem with the phone.

But as far as i know there isn’t any such solution for the same that you can apply to it in order to get it resolved.