Thread: How to sync Outlook (POP3 email account) calendar to an Android device

How to sync Outlook (POP3 email account) calendar to an Android device

Hello friends, I have the POP3 account, so the calendar is purely in Outlook. Looking to get the schedule reflects / synchronized with an Android device. I realize this will be done through the sync cable ... except that's okay. I think I've heard of the names of the solutions, other than that I cannot remember. So please help me? Thanks.

Re: How to sync Outlook (POP3 email account) calendar to an Android device

K-9 e-mail is extremely suggested. You will synchronize with the POP email account, not Outlook. I know of no way to sync email from your desktop.

Do not worry about the email. That synchronizes well with the built in email application. I'm worried about the calendar.

The easiest and cheapest is to use Google Sync to synchronize your Outlook calendar to Google. The most expensive is the companion of Link / DéjÃ* Office not all 4 PIMS without the cloud, but is a bit quirky. The most excellent solution is when Android gets Pocket Informant straight with wireless synchronization with Outlook. It is coming, except I am not sure how soon.

If the gadget contains a few sort of OTA connection, if you are willing to utilize Gmail, if you are by means of Outlook, and if you still do not extreme dislike ol 'hal at this point (), I have installed Google Calendar Sync on the desktop of my father and works well. OK, this congregation is stuck due to the necessity of the OTA connection on the device. And as a hook may add, too, as long as the user have it in mind to fill the calendar database on the device native Android...

I found the easiest method is to cancel all appointments in Outlook, turn off lights and closing doors. My Outlook calendar is as empty as my calendar Android - complete yin waggishness!

You can export a file from Outlook. Ics? If so, you can get a one-time synchronization with relative ease by importing that file into Google Calendar. I have also in the use of a calendar application full time at my desk. I've used more than a few, and found it a waste of time and effort. It is much easier to use Google Calendar, which can be modified and read by a number of programs in Android, Linux, Mac and Windows. A quick Google search shows several methods of obtaining a. Ics Outlook, so it must be feasible. Find a method of continuous synchronizations can be a problem, but I think it's possible if you want to go to the trouble. IMO, however, Outlook has been overtaken by events, and is almost obsolete.

Google Calendar Sync is what I referred to earlier. And also I would like to be able to get it and also it is the best for you to use and also it works great.