Thread: HP Pavilion dv7-1210ea is giving a black screen

HP Pavilion dv7-1210ea is giving a black screen

I am having a HP Pavilion dv7-1210ea and it has been working fine and the problem that I have started facing is that I am getting a black screen but then I have noticed that the lights come on and even the fans are working but then after some time the fan goes down and the light still remain on and the screen just remains black and does not shows anything else. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: HP Pavilion dv7-1210ea is giving a black screen

Just try to perform a hard reset and see if it is making any difference:
    • Just take out the battery first and make sure that you unplug the DC power adapter.
    • After that press and hold the power button for 15 secs.
    • And then plug the DC power adapter again and then insert the battery again and the press the power button and start the laptop.

Just try this out if you have not and then let me know what you get.

Yes you can try out the above solution but then if it does not work then you can try to check it with other desktop if you are able to arrange it just to test it out and if you are able to get one then just connect the desktop to your laptop using the required cable and then start the laptop again and then see if you are able to get it work well in the desktop and if it is so then there might be possibilities of hardware problem so just to ensure it try out this and then let me know what you observe. Best of luck

Hey I have tried the hard reset method but then I don’t think that it is making any difference and I have found that there are 2 lights flashing next to the caps lock button and the page up key and I have also found that the volume controls light are on and after some seconds the light of the hard drive light activity turns off and I still have the black screen as same as it was.

I have also tried to check it out by connecting it with my brothers desktop but then it is displaying the same and I don’t think that I have observed any minor changes as well. Is there any other solution that I can try out?

I think that you should try out clearing the cmos and you can try out the below two ways for doing the same:

Clearing the cmos by using the Motherboard Jumper and resetting the cmos battery

You can try to clear the cmos by just shorting the "CLEAR CMOS" jumper on the motherboard and in order to do that you will have to open the laptop so be careful while doing this and I will also like to inform you that these jumper are generally located near the BIOS chip or just say near the CMOS battery so just track it first and then try and switch the jumper to the other pins and then reboot your laptop and see if it is making any difference.

You can also try to clear the cmos by resetting the cmos battery and in order to do this you just have to remove the battery and then reinstall it and by doing this you actually remove the source of the power which is required to save bios setting.
    Just try it out and then let me know if the help you or not.

Hey I will like to inform you that after clearing the cmos you will also have to access the bios setup utility and in order to do so just follow the below solution:
    Just reboot your laptop and then look out for a entering setup which is nothing but the message that you get in the starting few seconds but then I will like to inform you that they are different for other computers and you will need to press the key that you use to enter the bios setup. I am aware of some way’s by which you can see the BIOS access message and they are as followed:
    • Press [key] to enter setup
    • Press [key] to access BIOS
    • Enter BIOS by pressing [key]

I will also like inform you that you might have to press the key repeatedly as well in order to enter the BIOS setup utility.

I have tried to clear the cmos in both the way and I don’t think that they are giving any positive response and I have also tried to go through the BIOS setup utility but then I don’t think that it is of any use as the problem remains the same. Is there any other solution that I can try out or I should just get it changed or repaired??

I am having the same problem with my computer and its details are as followed:
    • QX6700 Intel processor
    • ASUS MB with 680i nvidia chipset
    • 8800 GTX video card
    • 4Gb Kingston 1066 ram
    • Corsair 750 watt PSU

I have also tried the above solutions that has been specified here but then they did not worked out for me is there any other solution that I can try out.

If the above solution does not work then I think that you can try out to booting up without the hard drive but then if you still do not get any kind of positive response then I think that there is some kind of hardware problem with the motherboard so you will have to get it repaired or replaced. Just try to check it out and see what you get.

Even I think that there is something wrong with the motherboard but then the other hard luck that I am having is that I am out of warranty and if it is problem with the motherboard than I just wanted to know that getting a new one will be a better choice or should I get it replaced with a new one?? Any further help will be appreciated.

Even I think that there is something wrong with the motherboard but then the other hard luck that I am having is that I am out of warranty and if it is problem with the motherboard than I just wanted to know that getting a new one will be a better choice or should I get it replaced with a new one?? Any further help will be appreciated.
    I think that you should better go for a new one because if you will contact the hp support in order to get it repaired then I think that it can cost you around $400 in order to get it repaired and if you go for a new one then it will cost you just a bit more than this so I think that getting a new one will be a better choice but then if you still a doubt then you can contact the hp support and find it out yourself.

Hey I have bought a new motherboard today and I have bought the same one that I had previously and after installing it is really working very well and I am just happy to get it work finally. Thanks to you all for trying to help me with your suggestion I really appreciate your help.