Thread: HP probook 4530s display automatically dims or bright

HP probook 4530s display automatically dims or bright

I have been using hp probook 4530s from a long time and I don’t know what had went wrong with it suddenly. I mean that I have found that the display gets dim whenever I am minimizing or maximizing the window and it also happens whenever I play any video. I have also checked the brightness and I have also tried it to run on the full brightness with the help of the ac charger but then I was facing the same problem. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated?

Re: HP probook 4530s display automatically dims or bright

Your problem seems to be weird I mean I just wanted to know that if you have observed any such problems in the BIOS screen as well. I mean that if there is any such problem with the BIOS screen then there are possible chances that there might be something wrong with the hardware problem with LCD screen else and if you think that there is no such problem than I think that up the drivers and see if that is making any difference. Just check it out and then let me know what you find.

Yes checking the BIOS will be a good idea and in order to do the same then just reboot the laptop and then when it turns on then just press F10 repeatedly in order to reload the BIOS screen of your laptop. So after you enter the BIOS screen just make a clean observation that if you are having the same problem with it or not. You can also try to switch between the other taps spontaneously and see if it is making any difference and if you find any such symptoms then I think that there is surely some kind of hardware problem and you will have to contact the Hp support in order to get it solved. Try it out and then let me know what you observe.

Yes checking the BIOS will be a good idea and in order to do the same then just reboot the laptop and then when it turns on then just press F10 repeatedly in order to reload the BIOS screen of your laptop. So after you enter the BIOS screen just make a clean observation that if you are having the same problem with it or not. You can also try to switch between the other taps spontaneously and see if it is making any difference and if you find any such symptoms then I think that there is surely some kind of hardware problem and you will have to contact the Hp support in order to get it solved. Try it out and then let me know what you observe.

I think that there is some problem with the display driver but then I just want to know that what operating system you are using and what are the other configuration of you system and I also wanted to know what are the solution you have tried so I don’t suggest you the same again. Just try to answer me in detail so I can find out what exactly the problem is.

I have checked regarding this problem and I have found that this problem is basically because of the vari-bright function in AMD VISION control center and you can very well change the setting of it as well I mean that if you don’t need than you can just turn it off and in order to do that just Go to Start Menu > All Programs > Catalyst Control Center > CCC > Power > PowerPlay > and after that just uncheck the Enable Vari-Bright option and after that reboot your system and then the problem should disappear. Just check it out because it seems that you are having the same case, try to perform the same and see if it is making any difference and let me know if it is working or not if it works then well and good and not then I will try to help you with other solution. Best of luck.

I have checked regarding this problem and I have found that this problem is basically because of the vari-bright function in AMD VISION control center and you can very well change the setting of it as well I mean that if you don’t need than you can just turn it off and in order to do that just Go to Start Menu > All Programs > Catalyst Control Center > CCC > Power > PowerPlay > and after that just uncheck the Enable Vari-Bright option and after that reboot your system and then the problem should disappear. Just check it out because it seems that you are having the same case, try to perform the same and see if it is making any difference and let me know if it is working or not if it works then well and good and not then I will try to help you with other solution. Best of luck.
    I think that I am not having the same case first of all I will like to inform you that I am using windows 7 home premium and I have also checked in the location that you have specified but then I did not got anything like that. I think that the above solution might be for some other laptop and not mines because I really don’t have the option of the catalyst control center in the start menu.I am really running out of ideas and I really don’t know whether I should run for the warranty or I should try out some solution because by now I have tried a no of solution to sort it out but then it is just not helping me out.

I don’t know about the same solution but then if it does not work then you can try out the below solution:

Just go to the control panel and then select your power plan and after that just Change the plan settings from the advanced power settings. I mean that chose the Intel(R) Graphic Settings and then go in to the Intel(R) Graphic Power Plan and then change the on battery to Maximum performance if it is something else and after that reboot your system and then the problem should be solved.

I will also like to inform you that I have not tried out this solution but then I have found the above solution in a forum where a user was having the same problem with the same laptop and he had tried this solution and had mentioned that this solution had worked for him and there were other people as well who have ensured that this solution has solved their problem as well. So I think that you can at least try it out and see if it works for you as well.

Yes this solution really works and I have tried the same for my HP probook 4530s and I will also like to share that I had just bought it a week ago and I was facing the same problem from the first day and even I was thinking that this was some kind of hardware problem so without trying any solution I just went to the service center and then they have solved the same with the above solution. I wish that I would have tried to actually find a solution for the same so I would have not run to the service center and wasted my long hours

I don’t know about the same solution but then if it does not work then you can try out the below solution:

Just go to the control panel and then select your power plan and after that just Change the plan settings from the advanced power settings. I mean that chose the Intel(R) Graphic Settings and then go in to the Intel(R) Graphic Power Plan and then change the on battery to Maximum performance if it is something else and after that reboot your system and then the problem should be solved.

I will also like to inform you that I have not tried out this solution but then I have found the above solution in a forum where a user was having the same problem with the same laptop and he had tried this solution and had mentioned that this solution had worked for him and there were other people as well who have ensured that this solution has solved their problem as well. So I think that you can at least try it out and see if it works for you as well.
    I was having the same problem and even I have tried the above solution because even I was facing the dims itself quite often and it was the same case I mean that the problem appeared to be when I use it with the battery but and it was not occurring when I was directly connecting to the charger and after trying out this I was able to solve it out but then I think that I still don’t think that it is a actually solution because here we are just changing the setting to avoid this and now I will be trying it out using the Linux and then will let now that what is the actual problem.