Thread: Switching from Blackberry to Android, HELP

Switching from Blackberry to Android, HELP

How be supposed to switch BB to android and if so which android and I am just using from the last 5 years a BB device on my t- mobile network so while I am, presently using a 8120. I thinking it should be come to the edge and while using on my own BIS service that which I actually charge an extra as per month $10 for the BES to connect with a server If you want to stay with a corporate micro soft server I will be keep on with a t-mobile and need to playing with a price for the device. And the region for the transferring or making a switch that will be providing a faster and superior internet capability to get calendar and the better camera so please help me to do better switch from BB to android?

Re: Switching from Blackberry to Android, HELP

Yeah I require to create a delay to do this so since I am not in fact with to become a recognize with a BES so even as all this thing be supposed to be done automatically from android device that will be configured for t-mobile to but must be a unlock for those who ones used on t-mobile won’t they.

So just do one thing that first thing is just off the top of my head that is the sidekick 4G. It’s so mostly Marketed for the younger demographic, but where it should be pretty solid Android device with an excellent keyboard. Not quite as tiny as the X10 Mini Pro, but it's not huge, and it does automatically switch over to Wi-Fi seamlessly from cellular coverage.

I appreciate for your information that I had no design that how it is possible to arrange an unlocked device for the t-mobile? So that is the matter on device for the T-Mobile sells anyways so i.e. might I purchase an unlocked HTC Wildfire S (no keyboard, I know) and download a number of sort of T-Mobile software onto it in order to make the Wi-Fi work?

As when it will be unlocked and t-mobile branded version of impressive Sells might almost certainly be loaded with a T-Mobile ROM, which would agree to UMA (Unlicensed Mobile Access, the method that T-Mobile does calling via Wi-Fi). That will be helped in make switch to android. An unlocked, T-Mobile branded phone should do it already. I don't recognize of any way to create a handset which doesn't at least have a T-Mobile version make use of their UMA system.

Ok I done that was a limited phone have a TMo in order to get a UMA to do work. On the website the TBo the following are the small android phone I'm going away to settle for one without a keyboard (too bad because that Xperia Mini Pro looks cool). TMo small android phone options seem to any others I have missed that are equally small? Any recommendations for or against any of the above? I'm leaning towards the Defy if I can find one.

Thus I not sure that what you have been reply so but I some case that are you saying that UMA will able to work on any of the unlocked phone? I goggled it a bit after receiving Adams’s reply above, and Adams’s info seems sound, and there does not seem to be any way to get UMA to work on a phone for which there is no T-Mobile software. Please advise any other info you have on this

BB is the only thing need to worry about that it should be contain and divided into two parts that one that Is bb internet server and the another one that it should be that is BES. That all the worked is done through the BES and RIMS that both combine and pushes it to bb. Bb is developed by the company itself it is bb company software and your email is directly goes to the company server without touching any of the RIMs server.

So before you purchase a handset, reverse to your IT guys plus find out how a third party handset can get company email. For instance, at my company it's a royal pain since the replace policy that agree to get company email also enforce locking the handset after only 15 minutes and it requires a "complex" pass phrase to unlock it. Not something I wish to put up with on my personal handset.

while I wish to transfer the server from iphone to BB so I couldn’t be happier that I infect thoughts the android except the same time the OS required so as it is wasn’t available on the handset that I required both the IOS and the android that are huge and you be supposed to be happy with either one so much as admitted it when he thought that it can be released biography so android has been stolen from the ios

There is a chance to facilitate if your company is paying for BES, they also acquire a switch server (or else previously have one?) and the switch server is what an Android or iOS phone would use to get your company email. I acquire my company email on my iPhone. There are user with company issued BB phone as well as company issue Android phones. We all get company email but the BB email users have the maximum level of "integration" with the company network.

Oh yes, and they acquire support beginning from the other IT guys. The identical IT person have give him a better idea to set up windows 7 on their phone so it takes half an hour to be ready to do anything useful.