Thread: Accessing a Mobile Phones Camera via anywhere?

Accessing a Mobile Phones Camera via anywhere?

I am not all that Tech Savvy. I don't know programming or anything like this, but I do have a tech question that I figure some of you may be able to answer.

I have an HTC Evo 3D with an everything plan. Now, is it possible for anyone to access my front or rear camera and my microphone? See the way I see it, I am constantly connected to the internet, either 3G/4G or Wifi. So, couldn't anyone write a program that remotely accesses my camera and microphone, turns them on, (without causing feedback or turning on the camera light) and then stream the feed to where ever they want to send it. I mean, isn't this possible? It doesn't seem like it would be that difficult.

Or, are there already plenty of programs or apps that allow this to take place?

I looked into this a little bit, but every app I found requires the app to run, which would basically notify me that someone is accessing my camera, but I am sure there is software that can run in the background, without giving away the idea that it is accessing and streaming the camera that is built into the phone.

I am just curious, would like to see some feedback and thoughts come out of the tech world. Thanks,

Re: Accessing a Mobile Phones Camera via anywhere?

There is an application called LazyDroid which is one of the best apps in the android market that lets you access your android phone remotely from your browser; and without even having to install any extension! The application works simply. The application on the phone comprises of a single power button and an IP address.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"