Thread: Custom Rom on Motorola Droid RAZR

Custom Rom on Motorola Droid RAZR

Hi all, after seeing after so locked Bootloader for all countries that I have some trouble choosing between the Galaxy Nexus (16 GB) and the Razr, I actually live in France. My current phone is a challenge in cyanogen 7 RC1.5 I just love, and I think it will be difficult to leave Motorola Razr blur cyanogens ROM in case you cannot get rid of it: /, on the other hand I need a phone with micro SD port to have all my music (+ 30 GB) everywhere, so 16Gb link galaxy (32 not available in France) is not as good as for the Razr. So my question is straightforward, "Will custom ROM (Cyanogens!) Will shortly is accessible on the RAZR, and it will be difficult to install?"

Re: Custom Rom on Motorola Droid RAZR

Sorry, but it's like asking how long a piece of rope that is at the minute. Until a developer can know who knows. On the positive side of the box the Razr is very good.

Currently, either the International RAZR (XT910) or Droid Verizon RAZR (XT912) is supplied with an unlocked Bootloader, so you will not see any custom ROM in the short term. However, Motorola has confirmed in a blog (which cannot be linked because they are not enough jobs) sent a firmware upgrade that opens the boot loader "sometime later this year," so it could not be in a wait too long, the airline allows. Long story short - if you need ROM in a short period to get your phone, and it will be soon, you may want to consider Nexus Galaxy. If you are willing to wait or your contract does not end until next year, the election could be more balanced. But the Galaxy Nexus community will probably always have a better development of the two devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis M View Post
    Currently, either the International RAZR (XT910) or Droid Verizon RAZR (XT912) is supplied with an unlocked Bootloader, so you will not see any custom ROM in the short term. However, Motorola has confirmed in a blog (which cannot be linked because they are not enough jobs) sent a firmware upgrade that opens the boot loader "sometime later this year," so it could not be in a wait too long, the airline allows. Long story short - if you need ROM in a short period to get your phone, and it will be soon, you may want to consider Nexus Galaxy. If you are willing to wait or your contract does not end until next year, the election could be more balanced. But the Galaxy Nexus community will probably always have a better development of the two devices.
    Thanks for the reply; I think I will give it a try in the stores and make it work for me and also make it work for me.