Thread: How to use RapidDrive with extra SSD on Lenovo IdeaCentre B520

How to use RapidDrive with extra SSD on Lenovo IdeaCentre B520

I am here to get the suggestion about how can I use the Lenovo RapidDrive with extra SSD. But I am not getting any way to install it. And also I am having IdeaPad Y560 or IdeaPad Y460 driver, can here anyone suggest me that can I use this drivers on this machine. Please reply me back about this. And also if here anyone also need to do the same thing then also reply me back over here.

Re: How to use RapidDrive with extra SSD on Lenovo IdeaCentre B520

According to my information, I will say you that Rapid Drive works like to Intel Turbo Memory by adding mini PCI-E card with 32 or 64 GB of memory. And also here let me tell you that it have two internal slots, out of them one is for the Wi-Fi and one for TV. But here I am also not sure that how they have designed the rapid drive and did not make any space for it. Hope that someone over here have the proper suggestion for this. I am also searching for the same.

Let me tell you all over here that it will just work with a PCI-E Card, and I am very sure about this. And I can say here that this will not work with the combination of 1x SATA-SSD and 1x SATA-HDD. I am telling this all things because I have tried with this and while trying at that time I use -SATA-Power-Cable for both of the drives and 2-SATA-L-Type cables, and there I can connect all the other connection without removing any of the other hardware. For this I have also contacted with the support and there I have talked with the support person. When I check in the windows at that time I can see that 2 x SATA configuration windows will see two drives. But here I am not getting that why this is hapopening with me because the idea for the RapidDrive is to see one drive and let the software do the work on both. I am not sure that how the main board will react to power two HDD's in Y cable configuration. But for you also, I will say you to try with the same, hope that this will help you also.

Yes, I am sure that Lenovo B520 is not selling with the RapidDrive and also I have tried with checking for this on this site and there I have not seen any RapidDrive driver for this. So for this reason I will say over here that this will not be supported by Lenovo B520. But I can say that if you are going to try with the IdeaPad drivers, then they might will work. But before trying with this, be sure that you are trying to damage your system.

No, I have never seen damaged hardware if anyone install the wrong software. But this will only case to system to not configure the hardware. And the main reason for the Lenovo to not sell B520 with rapid drive is obvious is only two slots on MB and both are busy.

Can her anyone tell me that is it same if I use pcie-ssd or else instead of this I use sata-ssd?? I am getting confused about this. And I am sure that in both the condition, windows 7 will detect the drives. And then I will install the windows on the drive and then I will install the RapidDrive driver. I am doing this because if I will try with this then it also might happens that when windows starts to recognize the both as one drive. I am waiting for getting the new SSD and then I will test with this. For you also I will say you to do the same.

Fine friends, but let me tell you all that I am only having IdeaPad Y560 or IdeaPad Y460 driver and want to know that will this drivers help to configure the RapidDrive?? Or else for using the RapidDrive in my Lenovo IdeaCentre B520 I will need RapidDrive driver only?? Please reply me for this.

Let me tell over here that before this machine I was having Dell Vostro laptop which was having Intel turbo memory, 1GB mini PCI-E card. but still I was not having the access to the device memory, I was not getting why this is happening with that. For resolving this, when I check in the drivers manager there I found that the windows had marked this as unknown device. For your cause, I will say that Lenovo B520 has one mini pci-e for TV and other one for the half-mini pci-e for Wi-Fi. So here be sure that you can only use the T slot for the mSATA SSD. And I will suggest you over here that the only way to work it is to remove the T card and then insert the 32GB or 64GB mini pci-e mSATA SSD card. after this all, install the RapidDrive drivers, then I am sure that the windows will detect the drive and will work fine. Reply me back about this if you get any problem.

Ok, I get what you want to say but here I am sure that RapidDrive is not based on Intel Turbo Memory. While I was trying for the instruction for this, at that time I can only found the normal SSD and a normal HDD in use. But now I will try with this and I will reply here if I get any problem related with this.

No friend, IdeaPad Y560 or IdeaPad Y460 drivers will not help you to configure the Rapid drive in IdeaCentre B520. For that you will need the drivers for the IdeaCentre B520 only. If you are not having the drivers for that then you can also try with downloading the driver. If Downloading is not possible then try to attach the Rapid drive in your system and hope that windows will automatically configure this. Reply me back if this helped in your case.