Thread: Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 Cracked Screen

Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 Cracked Screen

Hey all, I am having Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 netbook and before today this was working very fine. But today when I open this at that time I see that the screen seems to be Cracked. And I have seen that this is common problem with this machine. I am sure over here that this crack is not made from me. I am very careful with this machine, still I get this problem?? Can here anyone suggest me that what can I do now with this machine?? Is there is any way to change the screen\?? Or I have to report this to the service center?? If anyone also having the same problem then please reply me back about this.

Re: Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 Cracked Screen

Yes, I was also having the exact same problem and not able to fins anyway to resolve this problem. I have tried with calling to the Lenovo Warranty number, and when I told them about this problem at that time I can see that they have send me the Inventory Sheet to have it sent to the repair center. But before this I have to convinced that I have not made this crack or this crack is not 'user damage'. And also they replied me about this that service center will make sure thati have made this crack or this get damaged itself. And before two days I get the mail from them that my machine have repire and was on its way back to me. They really helped me a lot in this case. They told that this is done by user damage only. And it also charge me some money for this replacement. You can also try with this, hope that this alsohelp in your case.

I am having the same machine just a month old and today I found that the screen is cracked form the left part of the screen to the bottom part. For that reason I have also tried with getting the suggestion for the replacement and here I get the proper suggestion for this. Thanks fo telling me about this.

I am not sure over here that this is individual issue or not. But here I can suggest you for the replacing the screen. If you reply me about the info just like below:
    • Machine Type Model
    • Serial Number
    • Operating System

With this, I will try to give you some suggestion about this.

Me also have to report the same issue with the new Lenovo ideapad s10-3t which I have bought in the September month. And in my case the problem is that I get a crack developed on the touch panel rendering it useless. And also let me tell over here that the crack started on the bottom right part of the screen during a calibration of the touch panel which seemed insensitive at the time. For getting resolve this problem I have tried with contacting with the Lenovo service center but they denied my guaranty and they told me that this will cause some amount of the money. I am not getting here that why they are doing this because my system is under warranty period.

Ok, I am not getting here that why you are getting this problem. Because I can see that so many for the other users of the same machine are able to replace the screen after contacting with the service center. If possible for you then try to post me the picture of the cracked screen and then I will try for helping you in this case. I am telling you this all things because I was also having the same screen problem and to resolve this I have contacted with the service center they help me for this replacement and now all things are working fine.

Yes, me too was having the same error. And for getting resolve this type of the problem I have tried with the Call Center of Lenovo, and they replied me that I have t send my machine to the Technical Service , they can fix the screen or if need then they will change the screen. Try with calling them hop that they will help you also.

Hey all, thanks for replying me about this. After seeing your suggestion about this, now I have registered the complaint to Lenovo but they are saying it cannot be serviced under warranty. Why this, I am sure that my machine is under warranty. Any suggestion for this, and here is the details for my machine:
    Model number is S10-3t..
    Product number: 59031707

Yes friends, they helped me. I got my machine back and now I am not having crack screen with this. Thanks for your suggestion to contact with the service center, but they took some money for doing this thing.

They are not responding for me. I have tried with contacting them from the last few weeks but yet, they have not helped me in this case. Can here anyone suggest me some way so that I can change the screen on my self only?? Please reply me if anyone have the step by step suggestion for replacing the screen. Or else sugge3st me some way to contact with the service center so that they will help me b replace the screen.