Thread: Unable to use 3G in Motorola droid razr

Unable to use 3G in Motorola droid razr

HI, i have recently bought the phone as mentioned in the title and have started getting problem as i am not able to make u se of 3G in the phone instead i can only make use of EDGE. The worst thing is like everything was working perfectly before two days but don’t know how exactly this happened. Anyways is there anybody over here having same problem with the phone? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Unable to use 3G in Motorola droid razr

Have you ever tried configuring the same thing from the settings ? it might be possible that you have selected another option instead 3G . thus according to me you should first make sure whether you have selected 3G from the network settings and then see what happens. See i have mentioned the steps so that you can do that with better understanding.

• - First open settings from tapping menu.

• - After selecting choose “Wireless & network settings” under that

• - After that’s select “Mobile networks”

• - Now select the option named “network” and in that you’ll get an option for selecting 3G.

Hey thanks for the suggestion, but the thing that you have mention that i have done already but still no Luck as whenever i do this the signal drops completely , any more suggestion left?

it seem like you are not able to enable UMTS, anyways have you tried the same thing with any other mobile? i mean to say you should try to put your SIM card in other mobile and then try to access the 3G network in that mobile and see whether you can do this or not.

And off course you should also make sure you have Enabled 3G connection or else you’ll get the same result rather you can have option to contact the network operator about the same and see what they are saying about the same.

i am agree with the above user at some extent but still according to me this is some fault in your mobile rather than the network operators service, because as you have mentioned like though you select the service it won’t get selected, and after that network goes dropped. Thus over here i would like to recommend you that you should try to get the firmware reset and then see what happens? If you haven’t tried firmware resetting then you should try to do that but if suppose you have done it but still having the same problem then you may have to reinstall the whole firmware or simply better option would be to visit the service center for the same. I am quite aware about the same as they will also does the same thing but still it is quite good to visit over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark$Hen View Post
    HI, i have recently bought the phone as mentioned in the title and have started getting problem as i am not able to make u se of 3G in the phone instead i can only make use of EDGE. The worst thing is like everything was working perfectly before two days but don’t know how exactly this happened. Anyways is there anybody over here having same problem with the phone? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    Hey.. I am havin the exact same issue. I purchased this unlocked UK GSM version of droid razr and bought the t-mobile SIM. It is connecting as EDGE and 3G does not work at all. If I select 3G Only in settings, phone is unable to connect to t-mobile.
    Please help if you figured out the issue.
    Thanks.