Thread: Unable to use WIFI through Motorola droid razr

Unable to use WIFI through Motorola droid razr

Hi, i have purchased the phone sometime ago but have not tried to connect the phone with the WIFI ever but when i was doing the same thing yesterday, i was having problem doing that as whenever i tried it just, the phone just refused to connect to the network.

Actually the thing is like i have rooted the phone and that’s why i am not quite confused to determine whether there is some problem with the handset, root, MotoBlur or something else? Is there anybody having same handset and having similar problem with the WIFI connection? Please let me know how do i get it resolved? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Unable to use WIFI through Motorola droid razr

See though you have mentioned like you are not able to connect to WIFI, but still i would say it would be better if you specify the whole symptoms that’s you are having while trying to connect it with the device. see i have mentioned two cases in which there could be some problem may happens with the device such as,

• Wi-Fi problems may be related to the network or they may be related to the Wi-Fi computer joining that network. frequently, if other computers or devices such as you device is able to acquire the Internet without a difficulty, subsequently your Wi-Fi router is almost certainly fine.

Thus this way it would be better to determine the exact symptoms and mentioned it over here so that i can recommend you the exact solution for the same.

- i am agree with the above user as you should always make sure what exactly is happening so that you can have that perfect guidance for the same. And see i would like to make you aware about certain usual facts about the issue that can cause problem connecting the phone they are mentioned below:

Distance: you should always keep the distance maintain between the device and the router because there is always a specified range in which you can access it, but after that it starts causing such problems.

Avoid obstacles: if there are obstacles between this device can also make such problem with the device. thus make sure there isn’t any such obstacle like wall between the devices.

Multiple routers: if there will be multiple routers nearby yours then also the device will be confused for receiving data from the router and you’ll have the performance glitch.

Reset the routers settings once and then configure it again, i was having the same problem one but after doing this everything were working perfectly.

But still i have a doubt like it could be because of the rooting as well, are you sure that you have perfectly rooted the device?

Are you sure that you have made the settings in the device as well in your router perfectly, because you must have to do that in order to connect and any variation in that could not let your device to connect to the wireless router and subsequently to the internet. Thus according to me you should first of all try to make sure whether the settings on your device is made perfectly and then see what happens. Over here you should also make sure that those settings are identical to each other, in other words it should be similarly done on your mobile as well in your router.

I would like to recommend you that you should try to reset the firmware of your phone because i believe that this could be the only reason causing such problem with the phone, thus after resetting the firmware you’ll get the factory reset data which will not cause any such problem with the phone.

I hope you must be aware about the procedure but still let me tell you as you should try to with the soft resetting, which will let you restore the factory settings to your device and if suppose this is also not working any way then you can have option to Look for the hard resetting the firmware which will not only restore the settings to your device instead all the factory data replacing the current one.

NOTE: it is always recommended to make a backup first and then only proceed with the following since the resetting procedure will wiped out all the data from the phone and will recover the factory data.

Using which key you are trying to connect to the network because see there are two ways through which you can connect, either through the WEP or WPA, so make sure which network your device supports. You can have option over here as if you are using WEP then you should try to make use of another one and vice versa. And if suppose you are sure as the device supports only WEP then make sure you are entering perfect authorization code in your mobile for connecting the device.

See i would like to request you that you should try to do the following mentioned troubleshooting.

• - Make sure the wireless connection is enabled

• - Check your router or wireless modem.

• - Make sure your security settings are correct.

• - Check to see if you have a different software regulating your wireless connections.

• - Check your wireless drivers.

• - Try to connect with a wired connection.

• - If you need more help, contact a professional.

I would say see if you are about to reset the firmware so you should try to update the firmware as well, because I think over here resetting will not help you anymore according to me. So no doubt, you can try resetting first but still if that could not help you then this could be the next option for you.

I would do that once if needed but still after doing that all the rooting will be wiped out right? So is it worth doing that?

Off course it is worth because, see though you have a rooted device but if you are not able to connect to WIFI then is it worth having such rooted device?

Thus surely you should try to do the reinstallation rather firmware resetting, because if that done perfectly then you can root the device again as well if needed and then try to connect it again.