Thread: In Motorola Motoactv, poor calculation of Cal Burn Rate/ METS

In Motorola Motoactv, poor calculation of Cal Burn Rate/ METS

Hey friends, I am having the new Motorola Motoactv and before today this was working very fine. But today I get the problem with this and the problem with that and the problem is that Cal Burn Rate/METS jump all over the scale when I am running. And for example, Cal Burn Rate jumps from 5 cal/min to 20 cal/min every few seconds, and also with this, I can see that METS is jumping from the 3 to 15 every few seconds and also I can see that those values are averaged for last 5-10 seconds. Can here anyone suggest me some way to get resolve this problem?? And also if here anyone also having the same problem then also reply me back.

Re: In Motorola Motoactv, poor calculation of Cal Burn Rate/ METS

Ok, for your case, I will say over here that you are getting the measurement which is real time calculation, like stride, cadence, and pulse. And while system is trying to do this, it takes only few seconds initially to begin the display and this is the main reason that unit can get enough samples to develop a reading, and this reading are updated in the every second. And if you are thinking to correct that then for that I will say you that this is very harder to pinpoint but generally I do like the constant refresh rate for these measures.

Dude, I am not saying over here that this is updated every few seconds. Here in this case, I ma just trying to say that this value should be the average value from last 5-10 seconds. For example:
    • value#5 - average between 1,2,3,4, and 5 second
    • value#6 - average between 2,3,4,5, and 6 second
    • value#7 - average between 3,4,5,6, and 7 second

And also here let me tell you that I am talking about the Cal Burn Rate and METS and this is not available on the website graph. If you are having the details about that then please reply me back about that.

Yes, I can also say over here that this is the way of working of the Motoactv, and I am sure that this does for cadence, heart rate, speed, pace, and calories. And for your requirement, I will say here that this, it takes a few seconds for the initial data to appear, after which it changes second by second. Before this, I thought that you are talking over here about the rolling average numbers. And if you are trying to say that your Motoactv is not behaving this way then for that I will say you to post a screen cap of calories while the workout and then I will rty to give you the proper suggestion for this.

Hey all, I am taking about the Cal Burn Rate and METS and I have also checked for this to the website graph but there I found that this is not over there. I think that i will need to select those metrics and try to run. What you all will say now for this??