Thread: Bluetooth devices is not connecting to the iMac 27”

Bluetooth devices is not connecting to the iMac 27”

A few days before the wireless mouse stopped operating , and at the similar thing with the keyboard. No fresh devices I recognize of that may cause obstruction. I set my mouse on a Mac Mini for my wife across the room tonight. and it worked perfectly. The mouse and the keyboard seems to be connected, small flash lights, and sometimes my computer said to be connected for a few seconds, but no follow up or answer typing. Preferences repair, new lithium batteries with no anyone go. Does have an thought before I drag the beast from 50 pounds to the Apple store?

iMac 27 "bought 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo 10/2009, with OS 10.6.4, 4 GB of RAM, with the original wireless mouse and keyboard

Re: Bluetooth devices is not connecting to the iMac 27”

Seek deleting the Bluetooth preference from com.Apple.Bluetooth.plist

You will locate it in users dolder\yourusername\library\preferences

Put it onto the desktop, shut the windows and log out.

Log back in and attempt the pairing once more

See if this works I hope it might

Thanks you for the reply but following dragging out the plist shut window plus rebooting, I after that go into Bluetooth prefs and attempt to group the keyboard. The PC saw it, then lost it. The battery board said battery at 100%. New lithium

Then check batteries in together the Mouse as well as Keyboard. They do go bad. May be the battery is not working

I have the similar issue with my iMac with four cores and 8 GB of RAM bought in early 2010. The Bluetooth mouse and keyboard seem to be connected, because the green lights blinking but the message on the screen still displays "trying to connect" and sometimes my computer said to be connected for a few seconds, but no tracking or responding to writing . Sometimes, automatically starts trying to establish a Bluetooth connection to your cell phone. Then at other times there is no problem I tried to reset the preferences, restart, etc, but the intermittent problem does not seem to go!

Does anybody know what is occurrence plus how to repair it? In addition, the mouse as well as keyboard are monsters consuming battery

Few of the early system from about then that come with the wireless keyboard plus magic mouse have Bluetooth problem. It was additional problem with a bad batch of keyboards and mouse than something to do with the system. Take the system someplace, and they can run a analytic program particularly designed to understand if you have one of the afflicted set of keyboards. And do keep in mind that Bluetooth is a limited wireless system. most range of about 30ft. however the greater the distance between the keyboard and the computer, the more power is necessary to carry the signal. So, if you're trying to make use of the keyboard on the couch 15-20ft away from the PC, you can anticipate the batteries to die faster than if you're just 5-10ft away. obtain the system in. They can run the diagnostics to observe if you contain one of the bad sets of keyboard/mice, and also make sure that the bluetooth card is secured properly. I've actually come across a number of systems anywhere the data cable for the Wi-Fi card came loose. not any with Bluetooth so far, save for it's surely not out of the query, and it's something that a tech can make sure in a few minutes.

Our Time Warner cable system has is failed previous few weeks This is a related time to my Bluetooth connection problem. My PC is on Verizon FIOS Nothing to do by cable. Though, our space was old, and there were also matter with flashing lines running in the TV screen. A type of cable arrived today and updated our television system outside the box right connections to the TV. He also gave us a new remote control. When he left, I had to go to the computer room was, and collided with my wireless keyboard to get some papers. The iMac instantly woke up. at the moment I have both my keyboard plus mouse again. Is this odd or what. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, I will accept the solution at face value and hope that my team is happy for a while. No Apple store for me!

Thanks for all the suggestions. Hope that helps someone else.

Did you repair this issue? Have what look like precisely the similar issue with my iMac of a related age.

I took it in our local Apple Store a large shopping center dedicated to the people to alleviate some of your money and bad taste, in addition to calculating the warranty will cover a new mouse. They took a laptop and started playing. They work the mouse and set the factory specifications. Took it home and ran away. It has no diagnostic and repair applications available to the general public. No new mouse for me. Damn time. and no troubles since then - it was in mid-November.
    Intel iMac 27 "OS 10.6

Even I had a same hitch with infrequent wireless keyboard plus mouse not connecting to my Imac. every trouble shooting listed online didn't work. What I understand was so as to the keyboard be connecting to my iPad all the way through Bluetooth. Once I shut the iPad I be able to connect it to the iMac.