Thread: Is it possible to load new maps on the Motorola Motoactv ?

Is it possible to load new maps on the Motorola Motoactv ?

Hi guys I have recently bought this device and really overwhelmed with the features of this phone but I have one doubt though Is there a technique to load fresh maps on the MOTOACTV handset ? I've understand it available preloaded with the OpenStreetMap data intended for North America. Is it likely to load some another countries? specially South America, in addition to that more particularly Venezuela? I familiar with the OpenStreetMap for South America is extremely inclusive much better than Google Maps for instance .

re: Is it possible to load new maps on the Motorola Motoactv ?

It is possible to add more map for that hook up your MOTOACTV to your PC with USB, and at this time you should observe in PC your MOTOACTV listed as SD card device. twice click and you will make out additional folders, one will be the map folder

Just Login to your MOTOACTV account and go to the setting tab after that the Maps tab roll down to the map you require afterward download to your PC and then pull the map into the Map folder in your MOTOACTV.

Hope this helps,

Can you help me I was wondering do you know how to see a map for Venezuela listed in the MOTOACTV tab you explain? I'm not be able to make out it as I've not buy the phone yet I'm waiting for the maps in sequence

Thanks a lot!!

I like to inform you that there is no Venezuela available on the map but if you can post the request on this forum I am sure someone form the Motorola who monitor the issue will definitely arrange something for you let’s hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by Bishwajeet View Post
    Can you help me I was wondering do you know how to see a map for Venezuela listed in the MOTOACTV tab you explain? I'm not be able to make out it as I've not buy the phone yet I'm waiting for the maps in sequence

Thanks a lot!!
    Ok then I vote for the Venezuela on MOTOACTV other then that I akin to to know one more possibility likely for the user to make use of the free OpenStreetMap data from the internet

unsure re: Is it possible to load new maps on the Motorola Motoactv ?

I vote for Colombia, South America maps

Re: Is it possible to load new maps on the Motorola Motoactv ?

is there a motoactv map for the philippines? please make this available. thanks.