Thread: MSI GX660R Memory upgrade

MSI GX660R Memory upgrade

Currently I am using the MSI GX660R. Actually it comes with 3x2GB DDR3....except following upgrade about 2 extra module of 4GB to gain total 10GB, nothing has recognized in the device. Rarely the system works normal with 10GB under Windows 7 but sometimes it doesn’t show 10GB. With single RAM module also the system won’t boot.

Re: MSI GX660R Memory upgrade

The Books (true, they are identical) have three SO-DIMM slots which are hidden under a keyboard and two on the other, are accessible from the bottom side of the main shelf.

Your question, which of the slots is equipped with 2x4GB, I can only surmising. I type very strongly suggests that the DIMM slot will definitely be fitted below the keyboard, since it is almost not possible to get without the complete book on selfsame decompose.

So you remain a free SO-DIMM slot to upgrade to a total of 12GB of RAM.

No problems for the RAM, you can put the 4G (the max). After you have put in either 1066 or DDR3 1333Mhz. But according to the age of your laptop, it runs maybe the 1066.

Your new RAM sticks are not to blame. This is the processor that the computer will not boot because the Core i5 does not support more than two strips of RAM. If you wanted to install more, you need a core i7 (at least an i7-720QM).

And anyway, the GX660, you're only 3 memory slots, so max 12 GB of RAM.

Must not, because I know some manufacturers specify where 4GB/8GB, but still run 8GB/16GB, if no one has run on the NB so, then you'll probably just try it for yourself if the chances are not as bad as it goes...

If you have added a bar and the ability displayed by different software like CPUZ ... or in the Windows Control Panel ... does not match the sum of the bars it can be installed as:
    • One of the strips is inserted incorrectly
    • The memory of the video card is not dedicated and amputated part of the RAM of the PC.
    • The bars installed are not compatible with each other. It will be put strips of the same brand.
    • You added a RAM capacity greater than is accepted by the motherboard slot.
    • You have added a larger amount of RAM that the motherboard only accepts in total.
    • One RAM slot is not enabled in the bios or HS (try a different location free if possible).
    • Your computer is 32-bit system and cannot handle more than its architecture ~ 3.2 GB! As already mentioned.