Thread: Is it possible to upgrade RAM memory of MacBook pro?

Is it possible to upgrade RAM memory of MacBook pro?

Hi guys I need to know this Can I upgrade my Macbook Pro 13 Ram from 2G toward 4G following I purchase 2G Ram I need to know this as I am planning to doing so and I have no idea that I would able to do this or not is there anyone here can assist me on this I would be really glad to know this

Re: Is it possible to upgrade RAM memory of MacBook pro?

Yes It has two memory slot that you entere by remove the memory door in the battery section. The MacBook Pro come with a least amount of 512 megabytes (MB) of 667 MHz DDR2 synchronous dynamic random access memory installed.

Both memory slots can recognize an SDRAM module that meet the following specifications:

• DDR SO-DIMM format
    • 1.25 inch or else smaller
    • 512 MB or else 1 gigabyte (GB)
    • 200-pin
    • PC2-5300 DDR2 667 MHz RAM type

The MacBook Pro "Core 2 Duo" 2.16 GHz GHz/2.33 models use the same type of memory, but officially supports up to 3 GB with a "2 GB SO-DIMM in one slot and a 1 GB SO-DIMM in the other." Apple says that "you can use RAM module sizes of 1 GB or 2 GB on the top or bottom slot. "However, you can install 4 GB of RAM in these models, but only part of the RAM over 3 GB may actually be used by the system.

Hey is it possible to change the MacBook Air RAM I really like to know this I know the pro is easy but I am unable to find anything on MacBook Air I would be really glad to know this thanks

I have to disappoint you on regard of your question as the answer is no because computer's RAM is soldered to the motherboard and not upgradable. Even I was planning for the same but fail to do it .

Quote Originally Posted by Doraiswamy View Post
    Hi guys I need to know this Can I upgrade my Macbook Pro 13 Ram from 2G toward 4G following I purchase 2G Ram I need to know this as I am planning to doing so and I have no idea that I would able to do this or not is there anyone here can assist me on this I would be really glad to know this
    1. Shut down your MacBook Pro, remove and disconnect all cables or wires.

2. Slide the battery latch and take away the battery.

3. take off the memory door and take away the battery compartment.

4. release static electricity by touching a metal surface or well as yet, make use of an antistatic wrist strap

5. Dissemination of separate tabs and glide out the presented memory modules.

6. Slide the fresh memory modules, distributed in the cards away, and shove the memory module downward until it clicks into position.

7. Screw the memory door input and reinstall the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Grama View Post
    Hey is it possible to change the MacBook Air RAM I really like to know this I know the pro is easy but I am unable to find anything on MacBook Air I would be really glad to know this thanks
    Yes, you not be able to upgrade the RAM additional. The people at Best Buy told me that they could upgrade the RAM for me as well in there store if I required, however after doing a little investigation on this subject I got that that you actually have to get the RAM raise for your computer when it initially ordered form the store

The folks at BestBuy said I might upgrade the RAM for me as well in his shop if he required

It's hard to believe that they offer to do so, since you probably void the warranty. The memory devices are QFP surface which must be aligned within a few ten-thousandths of an inch, and uses silver solder and IR reflow to ensure.

The MacBook series has been around for nearly three years. At that time

(a) Of RAM has never been the user can update

(b) Many Mac forums have many threads, many talking about complaints to be limited to 2 GB of RAM and ask about upgrade options possible ie, that there is none .

It has try to responsibility their be short of of pre-purchase research on the sale employees just said that now and then people have to take liability for their own purchasing decisions.

I did investigate and soon exposed that they were build on particular models. I required to purchase local, although as i required a 4G model had to buy directly from Apple which is never a bad experience In that, if not i do a lot of heavy computing, 2G be supposed to be sufficient for almost anybody to use your MBA for normal use. If you plan to make use of something like Aperture or Final Cut Pro ... another story.

I had the same experience. Sorry, I neither did the first investigation, but for the purchase of 03.02 years, no big deal. Just disappointing, because I've always heard how well thought "Mac is supposed to be uh, memory soldered on a $ 1300 laptop the other hand I really love this device and it works perfectly for what I'm doing. At present I am in the Mac ecosystem, I'll know better for next purchase.

however what price has to do with it? This is a device, which is thicker, less than 3 / 4 inch. To package a logicboard GPU chipset, RAM, mass storage and a battery FlashRAM decent size there, how the hell are they supposed to squeeze in regular SODIMM slots as well? Seriously, just looking and holding the thing, I have been surprised had been included RAM slots by the user, and would not have been able to figure out where they might be or how he had crowded there. You are paying for a lightweight and stylish laptop, not a standard full frame appears. This is a new way of thinking, solid state devices, such as purely MBA and pills and such, but these devices actually sound at the time that an improvement in effect means a replacement.