Thread: Motorola Motoactv for the non Motorola phone

Motorola Motoactv for the non Motorola phone

Here can anyone tell me that, if there is a plan to make this available for other android phones?? I am asking this because, today I have purchased the Motoactv today and would love to use with my Casio Commando. Love this phone since it is waterproof. If Motorola won’t supply for other phones will someone share the APK file. Tested so far with cadence Ant+ on my Spin Bike, and my Garmin Ant+ heart rate monitor. Please reply me back about the suggestion in this case.

Re: Motorola Motoactv for the non Motorola phone

I will say here that the Motoactv is designed to work with suitable Motorola phones only. I am telling this thing because I have read this thing somewhere and they have told this thing on the release also. But I am not sure that they will release this for the other Smartphone also or not. If yop want this type of the information then for that I will tell you to contact with the Motorola support for this release.

Ok for that, I will say here that , they will not release Motoactv for the other android phones. I am telling this because this thing will limit the Motorola’s market significantly. And here in your case, I am sure that you are surely missing some basic information over here. And for getting the proper information on this topic I have also made so many of the searches but still, all where I found no such use full information for this. If here anyone get the proper information about this then pleaser reply me also over here.

I would also like to say here that I recently upgraded from a Motorola Atrix to a non-Motorola Android phone. And form this, I can say that I will be able to connect to said phone for calls, texts and streaming. And I am also thinking for the release for the MOTOACTV for the non-Motorola Android, if this will be possible then I can say here that this will be very good. And here I can say that according to the users manual, it is the Motoactv is only compatible with Motorola Android based mobiles. And also have seen that connect your MOTOACTV to your Motorola Android TM Smartphone so you can get calls, text messages, and calendar alerts. Just download the free app from Android Market TM. But after this all also, I can say that I am still waiting for the release of the Motoactv for the other android phones.

I would like to say here that it is rooted and running CM7, and also market is 3.3.11. And here can anyone suggest me the market hack so that I can use the Motoactv on my suitable Motorola phone? Please reply me back about this.

Yes, I can surely say over here that this is perfectly compatible with most Android phones. I am telling this because I can see that some edge cases running proprietary stacks. What the app do, but, is check for a file on the device that is only present on Motorola phones with MOTOblur installed, and if it doesn't find that file at that time it will abort the install.

For me, availability of the Motoactv for the other Smartphone is like Sony selling a Playstation that refuses to transmit pictures to a non-Sony TV. Or else this look like the Plantronics aborting the install of the My Headset app on Motorola Android phones just because they are Motorola products. But here also I can say that this used on the ACTV is compatible with most phones. I think that this is not possible for other phones to get installed this apps because the registered intents for text and call intercept are universal and more or less what has been around since 2.1. this is only possible if they release this for the other phones also.

Hey all thanks for replying me about this. Now I get some knowledge about the support of the Motorola Motoactv. I have asked this thing over here, because I am thinking to get the new Smartphone and for that only I was thinking that this will be very good if it also work with the other Smartphone’s also.