Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My iphone 4S lost sounds after iOS 5 update

My iphone 4S lost sounds after iOS 5 update

I was using iphone 4S previously and I have recently upgraded to iOS 5 and it has been just a week and the problem that I have found now is that I am not getting any sound from the phone I mean that I have found that there is No audio playback, no button noises, no locking click etc and this problem appeared to be all of sudden because it was working for a week without any problem. I really don’t have any idea that what has went wrong with it. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has faced the same problem and can help me out as well? Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.

re: My iphone 4S lost sounds after iOS 5 update

You can try out to check the following things as they are very common that one can try in such cases:
    • Try to switch the silent switch on and off.
    • Try rebooting the phone.
    • And if the above are not making any difference then you can try out:
    • Restoring factory settings.
    • Restore via iTunes as well

Just try these one by one and check if they are making any difference or not and then let me know what you get.

I was using iphone 4S previously and I have recently upgraded to iOS 5 and it has been just a week and the problem that I have found now is that I am not getting any sound from the phone I mean that I have found that there is No audio playback, no button noises, no locking click etc and this problem appeared to be all of sudden because it was working for a week without any problem. I really don’t have any idea that what has went wrong with it. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has faced the same problem and can help me out as well? Any suggestion for this will be appreciated.
    I have found some people facing the same problem in some forum after ios 5 update and the solution that I have found for this is to change the functionality of the toggle switch from Mute to Screen Rotate Lock. I have found that the cause of the problem is that the phone is not able to detect in what state the toggle switch is in. I mean that people have mentioned that this is some kind of a bug and even I think the same after coming across a no of people with the same issue but then you can solve it by changing the Toggle Switch from Mute to Lock Rotation and in order to do so you just have to go in to the settings and then change the Toggle Switch from Mute to Lock Rotation and after that you can again switch back to the original setting. Just try it out and see if it is making any difference. I think that it should probably work for you as well because I have found some people who have claimed that this solution is working for them and they don’t have the same sound problem after trying it out. So just try it and then let me know if it works or not, if it works then well and good and if not then I will try to help you with other solutions.

First of all I will say thanks for your help but then I have found that I am not able to change the settings that you have specified in your post. I don’t know if it was possible to change it before the ios 5 update but unfortunately I am not able to change it and try after the update. I have also found that this solution has been found helpful to some people but then their cases were different I mean that some were having iphone 3 and ipad but then I am having the same problem with the iphone 4S and I am not very sure if that matters. I have also found that it is kind of common notice but then I have tried some solutions to get it work but then I don’t think that any of them is helping me out. Is there anyother solution that I can try out??

I have been facing the same problem and I have checked about the solution above and I will like to inform you that it has been found to be working for ipad and not iphone. I think that there might be some other solution for the iphone but then I have been searching it for hours and I have not yet came across any effective ones. The only option that I am thinking by now is visiting the apple store and find out what exactly is the problem all about but then I have decided that I will try to find out a solution for today and at the end of the day if it did not worked then I will definitely go to the apple store.

Even I am facing the same problem and I have tried to contact the Apple people and then I followed their as always solution of troubleshooting and I also tried doing a hard reset and restore as well but at the end all of them failed without any help. I have also tried the other solution that have been mentioned here but then none of them id working and I am just not able to get sound from the audio player and not even click sounds of my keyboard. I have also found that the volume slider has disappeared and the volume keys on the side are just appearing for show as they have gone useless. Sometimes I feel like throwing the phone because I can even know if I am getting any call and it is hard to make out just through its vibration all the time. The Apple guys have told me that they have found a lot of complains regarding this in the 4S and they have been giving replacement in most of the cases. So I think that I will go to the apple store and get it replaced today only.

Hey something worked out for me I mean that I am not sure that it is a actual solution but then it has actually worked out for me.I just did a reset of my networks and the problem disappeared and now I have got the voice of the phone back and I am so happy to hear it again,
    Just try it out General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
    And let me know if it works for you as well. Best of luck.

I think that you might be really lucky to get it work with this solution because I have tried the same and I think that it is not making any difference and I am still not getting any sound from the phone. I will like to know if anyone else has found this solution helpful here??

Hey something worked out for me I mean that I am not sure that it is a actual solution but then it has actually worked out for me.I just did a reset of my networks and the problem disappeared and now I have got the voice of the phone back and I am so happy to hear it again,
    Just try it out General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
    And let me know if it works for you as well. Best of luck

Yes it did not worked for me either and I tried to do the same for several times but then now I have found that I am not getting any sound from the speaker but then when I just inserted the headphones then I was able to hear the sound through the head phones. I have also found that I am able to hear the click sound as well but then I am not able to see the Volume bars in the phone but then when I am using the volume button then I am able to hear the increase and decrease the sound as well but I don’t know why is it not working in the speaker and now it is making me think that the something is wrong with the loud speaker. Now I think that if I will visit the apple store than they will repair it and give it to me instead of replacement. Those who are facing the same problem just check it out and then let me know you all are getting sound in the headphones as well.

Even I have been facing the similar problem after the ios5 update but then my problem is not exactly the same. I mean that I am able to hear the alert and the ringtones. The problem is with the sound on music or any other apps. I don’t know what to do know I think that there might be some setting to get it work and I don’t think that it is a sound issue as I am able to hear the alert and the ringtones. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it?

No I am not getting the sound in the head phones as well and now here are so many people that have introduced some more problems having different situation and I am really out of ideas now.

Even I have been facing the similar problem after the ios5 update but then my problem is not exactly the same. I mean that I am able to hear the alert and the ringtones. The problem is with the sound on music or any other apps. I don’t know what to do know I think that there might be some setting to get it work and I don’t think that it is a sound issue as I am able to hear the alert and the ringtones. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it?
    If it is so then I think that your loudspeaker has stopped working and just to check make a call and see if you are able to hear the other one you have made the call and if not then it is definitely your speaker and you will have to visit the apple store and get it replaced and then it will work fine without any problem. I had came across a guy having the same situation and the cause of the problem was the loudspeaker itself.Just check it out and then let me know if you have the same cause.

Re: My iphone 4S lost sounds after iOS 5 update

My Iphone 4 also lost sound after last update. Ring tones work great from the menu, but doesn't make a sound when i receive a call. No sound from keypad either.
    So, not a loud speaker issue.

Quote Originally Posted by MTS_Todd View Post
    My Iphone 4 also lost sound after last update. Ring tones work great from the menu, but doesn't make a sound when i receive a call. No sound from keypad either.
    So, not a loud speaker issue.
    Have you tried restoring the iphone 4 that you have to the factory settings, because if there are any problems related to software side in the phone, then it will get corrected. All you have to do is plug the iphone to your computer via usb cable provided with it, run iTunes, and from the options hit the "Restore" button.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Yes, but it failed to restore backup. I lost everything back to November. It seems to be affecting a lot of Iphone 4 users.
    Last edited by MTS_Todd; 14-02-2012 at 07:49 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast