Thread: Yahoo Messenger sign in failed in Motorola defy

Yahoo Messenger sign in failed in Motorola defy

In my Motorola defy mobile phone I am experiencing problem with yahoo messenger. Whenever I try to login in yahoo at that time I get 'Sign in failed.-Failed to retrieve data from the server" message. I don’t know what is wrong but this problem has started suddenly. Please tell me what should I do to solve this issue?

Re: Yahoo Messenger sign in failed in Motorola defy

Well I am also using Motorola defy mobile phone and I am not facing any problem while login in to yahoo messenger. I think you may be putting wrong password. First of all you should make sure that you are entering correct password.

According to me you should first try to sign in to your account from browser and check whether you are able to login or not. If you are facing the same problem then there might be something wrong with your yahoo account. If you are able to sign in from the browser in your yahoo account then you have to try to check whether all the yahoo messenger setting in your mobile phone is ok or not. Many times due to wrong setting also our device cannot login successfully.

If all the setting are ok in yahoo messenger then you should try to solve this problem by reinstalling the yahoo messenger application. You will be only able to reinstall the yahoo application if it not pre-define. If yahoo application is predefine in your device then you should try to solve this problem by resetting the device. I hope by trying this solution your problem will get solved.

According to me you should check for the software update in your defy if there is software update available for your defy then you should update the device and after updating the device you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. I think after updating the device your problem will get solved.

Well after referring your solution I have first checked all the yahoo setting and there was nothing wrong with the setting. Now after that I tried to login in to the yahoo from browser at that time also I get the same problem and then I click on the forgot password and then I have reset the password and after resetting the password my problem get solved thank you for helping me.