Thread: Unable to send Text Message from Motorola Defy Plus with international roaming

Unable to send Text Message from Motorola Defy Plus with international roaming

Last few days I work on this Motorola Defy Plus mobile phone and now I got few bugs onto it. I am not sure that it is bug or temporary issue but I need to remove it from my smartphone. I stay in USA and whenever I go to outside USA due to the business purpose I faced such issue. When I try to send text message onto this mobile phone, it makes problem and message won’t send. In that situations my mobile phone are in international roaming. Can any user faced it defy plus? Share your experience and its solutions.

Re: Unable to send Text Message from Motorola Defy Plus with international roaming

You can first check that the other services of this mobile phone are being work properly or not. Most of such condition, smartphone services especially video calling and text messaging is not working, because it is in international roaming. In that case, we need to contact the manufacture of the mobile phone and tell them about this issue.

Re: Unable to send Text Message from Motorola Defy Plus with international roaming

Quote Originally Posted by Samaria View Post
    You can first check that the other services of this mobile phone are being work properly or not. Most of such condition, smartphone services especially video calling and text messaging is not working, because it is in international roaming. In that case, we need to contact the manufacture of the mobile phone and tell them about this issue.
    My video calling as well as other applications is working fine. In such roaming condition none of this connectivity type of problem arrives onto it but text message can’t be send on it. I need some special solution over this issue. Can anybody give best reply for fixing this trouble?

Quote Originally Posted by !Saral! View Post
    My video calling as well as other applications is working fine. In such roaming condition none of this connectivity type of problem arrives onto it but text message can’t be send on it. I need some special solution over this issue. Can anybody give best reply for fixing this trouble?
    In that case, you need to set the proper setting of the text messages. In that case, you need to check the result what happen onto it. first go to Menu-> Message-> Setting-> text message Setting. Then try to change the service center number of this mobile phone. This is necessary to fix such issue. In that case, you need to reenter this service center number. After that just reboot your mobile phone. This process will be fix your text message not working problem.

Text messages normally uses sim card for this transfer task. Hence you need to check that the same text message can be transfer via google voice application or not. Google Voice gives you one number for all your phones, voicemail as easy as email, low rates on international calls and mostly important sending text message via internet. It is a telecommunications service by Google launched and especially it works onto the USA and Europe. Hence you need to use this service for sending the text message onto it.

When you are GSM roaming, you can make calls or not. If you can’t make calls, then reboot it and check what result arrives onto it. Otherwise in such situations you need to apply hard reset task onto it.

I also faced similar kind of problem on this mobile phone. There is no "E" or "GPRS" shown on my display. I am able to make phone calls and text message is also not working in my new mobile phone. Then I try this hard reset onto it. it works finally for fixing the text messaging issue. Now all the functions especially the inbuilt application works well on it. This is well for me and now I can access these inbuilt features onto it. You can also use these solutions and check what result arrives onto your mobile phone. I hope this will be work to fix your problem.

There may be no data support on the network. Hence such no “E” or “GPRS” icon come onto this mobile phone. Then you need to contact the internet service provider of your mobile phone. Expert person will be solving this trouble by reconnecting the internet connections onto it. Then only you can able to access internet and send text message and makes calls onto smartphone. Also we can use here change sim card of this mobile phone policy. It will be also beneficial for mobile phone to make internet connection and use mobile services properly.

Texting doesn't come thru the data network. They come thru the cell network. Hence you need to contact the sim card service provider for more information. They help to you for solving your issue. Also manual is help to fix this issue. If you not solve this issue, replace it with the help of warranty card.